Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What if Sony...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 06:45
...put into place a system whereby like XBL, you set up an account to access the online capabilities of the machine but then every [game] disc had a unique code which would be registered against your profile so that if you traded the game, the next person who buys it would have to pay a fee to transfer the code to their profile to enable online play. How would you feel about that???
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 06:59
Couldn' t care less :)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 07:24
That' s because you' re a sonyfanboy Gangsta.

oh fukk gangsta!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 07:40

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Couldn' t care less :)

Me either. I don' t want complication just to play a bloody game thats why I don' t think i' ll ever get another phantasy star game since my experience with the dc.
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 07:42
Well....I wouldn' t like it?? The idea is quite awful for those that buy second hand games (such as myself!). If this happens then there is a strong possibility (70-80% chance) that i will not buy PS3 (which i intend to buy only when the pricing fits my economics)
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 08:03
I think it' s bullsh*t.
Nitro

RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 08:56

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I think it' s bullsh*t.

It' s a hypothetical question. Say it worked like PC games and their keys work, only it registers the key to your profile meaning that if you traded the game, the person who bought it would be asked to pay a fee to transfer the key to their profile.

Sony fucked up with the DRM thing, then patented technology allowing for a code to be written to a disc making it unplayable on another machine. This is realistic-ish and since Sony don' t like pre-owned games (just as publishers don' t), this would be a way of tackling it side on and making a small profit to boot.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 08:58
I know what you' re saying. I' m just saying if Sony does it that it' s bullsh*t and I' ll hate them.
Nitro

RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 09:02

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I know what you' re saying. I' m just saying if Sony does it that it' s bullsh*t and I' ll hate them.

Oh, my bad!

_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 13:28
I already hate Sony

Well, that would mean I would never get a PS3. I don' t have money flowing out of my pocket book so I only get a new game every 6 months and the occasional used game between that 6th waiting period.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 14:43
They' d have no rental market, and with their whole bluray strategy they dont want rental places to resent them, so it wont happen.
Nitro

RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 17:00

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

They' d have no rental market, and with their whole bluray strategy they dont want rental places to resent them, so it wont happen.

Surely it' d only be used on retail games?!

Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 17:17
Sony is actually doing what you said majik, but I think you know that :D
< Message edited by dyack -- 12 Sep 06 9:17:54 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 17:38

They arent, but they copyrighted techknowledgy that writes a hardcode onto a Bluray disc when inserted into a player, it isnt in the PS3.. yet!
Nitro

RE: What if Sony... - Sep 12, 2006 17:55

No they' re not. It is a purely hypothetical question.

They arent, but they copyrighted techknowledgy that writes a hardcode onto a Bluray disc when inserted into a player, it isnt in the PS3.. yet!

Yeah, and they binned the idea because they recieved so much critism over it. I' m not entirely sure that it would have worked properly anyway and there were too many flaws for it to actually be used.

The way i detailed is the only viable way of them combating pre-owned games. It' d suck but it' d also make publishers very happy.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 13, 2006 09:12
These communist bastards can only sh*t on the consumer so much, y' know! If they institute something like this, then the chances of me getting a PS3 will fall from 15% to 0% (Even though I don' t buy used games or rent them).
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What if Sony... - Sep 13, 2006 10:17
I don' t buy this rumour but hypathetically, it would prevent me from buying a ps3. First of all for someone such as myself that rents 90% of the games I play as opposed to buying them it would end up being too expensive for me. Secondly its just hypacritical of Sony to do this. They' ve been bashing MS for years about oh shit Live is too expensive, fuck off Sony get some balls and get a real online plan.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 13 Sep 06 2:19:17 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message