Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 04:52
It looks like i actually missed very little of great importance.

I heard about the PS3 price the other day but today is the first day i' ve checked my email and i couldn' t resist looking to see what else had been announced. I' m not that happy actually. Sony seem to have completely messed themselves up and from what i hear the controller is just pathetic. They are leaving it down to developers again to bail them out of the shit and it' s plainly obvious that the more expensive version of the console is being pushed towards lifestyle product buyers who own £2000+ HDMI enabled TV' s. Talk about missed opportunities!

Microsoft have handled themselves well from what i have seen. I' d like to know what demo' s are available on Marketplace because i' ve heard it' s just Lost Planet and Test Drive and then a ton of videos. I hope there' s more than that...

What did Nintendo announce?! Was it BIG?! Was their BIG announcement just the stupid looking lightgun and traditional controller shells?! The games look great but the name is still " Wii" right?!

Oooooooooohhhhhh Hellboy!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 10 May 06 20:53:34 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 05:06
I was thinking to myself where you were and how come you havent aired your opinion yet. Anyway theres not that many demo' s apart from top spin,tdu and lost planet and I think I missed one. But nintendo' s conference was ok the only thing bit was probably ...actually can' t think of anything apart from zelda microsoft went well and sony disappointed as you probably know already.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 05:18
Gears of war had a timer which counted down,it was gonna be down on 1 day and some hours...however it was mysteriously taken off just for some min ago.

Many questions,what is the countdown for?

GoW demo?
As which cliffy played,or is it the MTV thing.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 05:47
out of all of the conferences, nintendo' s was the most uninformational, but seemed to me, to be easily one of the most well liked, even though sony and microsoft did
kind of steal their limelight.

and as for ps3, everyone, (for the most part), was shocked more than excited when they realised they finally had a date and price. the clapping could only be so enthusiastic with a 500 dollar price tag.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 07:32

What did Nintendo announce?! Was it BIG?! Was their BIG announcement just the stupid looking lightgun and traditional controller shells?! The games look great but the name is still " Wii" right?!

Majik you need to see the N conference for yourself - it will kick your ass so hard ...

Red steel is much better than any of us thought before - I want to hear your opinion on this conf since I know you don' t hate N for nothing (like some guys here) :)

Sony - total crap - don' t even bother thinking about them

MS - great stuff - solid presentation
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 07:39
The Wii looks like it could be loads of fun... but I guess I already knew that, now that I think about it. Still, they did prove that the games will indeed play like that old mockup trailer that promoted the chuckstick. I mean, look at the Nintendo execs look like goofs playing doubles tennis. Looks like fun, but I' d rather have one in my hands. November cannot arrive soon enough.

Microsoft... I liked it, when they were not talking. Wow, what a bore. The speakers need to learn to stop writing long winded speeches. The games however looked phenomenomenal (intentional (mis)spelling). Any price drop, and I get the 360; either that, or the library of games explodes.

Sony... a blatant ripoff of the aforementioned companies, and executed poorly, might I add. To top it off, it will make me tons poorer. Although I can muse that M$ is the only one without motion sensing controls, I can not blame Microsoft for that. If it was not for the fact that most RPGs are released on this console, I would abandon Sony in a heartbeat. Of coure, then Squeenix reveals not one, but TWO Final Fantasy 13s, one traditional, and one, Vs. XIII, developped by the guys responsible for Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. HOT!.. just as long as it is not another X-2. Eyuuuuuch!

WiiDS>360>Sony = priority if all three were out now.
360>DS>Wii>Sony = current priority, should I wish to drain some cash now.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 07:41
Even the first two mins, shouted: " WE ARE THE ORIGINATORS!!, THE REST CAN FOLLOW!"

Nintendo' s Showed the rest up..
vdig

RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 07:50

Even the first two mins, shouted: " WE ARE THE ORIGINATORS!!, THE REST CAN FOLLOW!"

Nintendo' s Showed the rest up..

I don' t remember Nintendo saying that...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 13:27
Things on Live
Only 3 known demos showing up during E3 - TDU, Lost Planet, and MotoGP 06. Call of Duty 2 got 4 new maps. Theres a new catagory in the XBLA section for Camera enabled games one game in there already which is UNO. Massive amount of trailers but many can be found online if youd like. I actually havent gone thru all the catagories yet so there may be more.

But ya I dont think there will be as many Demos as wished for. tis a shame but that doesnt mean things wont be rolling out after E3 at a rapid rate.

You know the rest about the other pre-show conferences for E3. Nintendo Entertained, Microsoft Expanded, Sony Expired...heheh..imo at least
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11 May 06 5:28:13 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 14:06
I was so impressed with the Nintendo conference and hearing about the built in speaker in the Wii remote that I think I might split on a revolution with my younger brother. The new Zelda game coming to both Gamecube and Wii on Wii launch day seems like the best Zelda game yet especially on Wii.

I liked what MS showed to, it was nice to finally see Halo 3...

Sony just bombed, I could have made a better presentation using slides from Microsoft paint. The only decent parts were Heavenly Sword and MGS4 even if MGS4 was only CG.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 11 May 06 6:08:55 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 15:19
Yes, boring show, Where are the game announcements, like WoW expantion info, and Fallout 3, we need more videos of games! damn it!!!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 21:47
I didn' t wanna open a new thread for this but wanted you guys to see.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/10/hands-on-with-the-xbox-360-live-vision-wireless-headset-and-ra/

I thought the racing wheel was gonna be huge and awkward as it' s wireless but the thing looks so sleek and sophisticated...and shiny, and the pedals can be hidden away under a table or something.

wanted to see what you guys think.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 21:51

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

Sony just bombed, I could have made a better presentation using slides from Microsoft paint.

LOL! I nearly snorted beer out my nose when I read that.

But yeah my opinion reflects mainly what everyone else has said.

Microsoft was quite solid and had a few interesting suprises. I especially liked Street Fighter for Live Arcade. Nothing disappointing.

Nintendo was entertaining like they always are. Like some others, I was a little underwhelmed with the games they demonstrated though. I was hoping for a little more but that might still be in the works. Good to see it coming together.

Sony' s efforts were pretty dismal. They pretty much did a " cut and paste" job with the PS3 and it' s features. Sony Hub for example is a verbatim copy of Live I kid you not. I won' t go into detail here because you' ll find out for yourself.
vdig

RE: Guess i' m not actually missing much afterall!!! - May 11, 2006 22:36
I actually expected at least one wire from a Force Feedback steering wheel. At least it does not need to attach to the console, regardless of the user using the plug for rumble or not, dood.

*Throws a prinny at Ryan Block in reaction to the " bummer, man" statement*

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message