Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Japan 360 Elite about $80 cheaper
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Japan 360 Elite about $80 cheaper - Jul 06, 2007 11:35
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/801/801822p1.aspx

July 5, 2007 - Microsoft is putting together yet another deal to increase interest in the Xbox 360 over in Japan.

The company announced today final plans for the Japanese Xbox 360 Elite. Set for release on 10/11, the Japanese Elite package is identical to the US version, complete with a black finish, HDMI port and a 120GB hard disk.

The only difference is cost. In Japan, the Elite will retail for 47,800 yen. At current exchange rates, this puts it at around $400, or about $80 less than the US version. It' s also 2,000 yen less than the Japan-only 20 gig PS3 model.

Apparently MS hasnt given up hope with Japan yet
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Japan 360 Elite about $80 cheaper - Jul 06, 2007 21:46
Sales will have a quick boost, but it' s going to take some hard hitters from right field (Waaaay right field. Like.... Japan) to push some more boxes out the door.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Japan 360 Elite about $80 cheaper - Jul 07, 2007 02:25

Sales will have a quick boost, but it' s going to take some hard hitters from right field (Waaaay right field. Like.... Japan) to push some more boxes out the door.

I think they' re going to have to get more games like BD to attract the japs
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Japan 360 Elite about $80 cheaper - Jul 07, 2007 07:30
When is the Elite out in the uk?

Any one have a US Elite? Is the HDMI output nice and bright like PS3 HDMI (ie Native).
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Japan 360 Elite about $80 cheaper - Jul 07, 2007 09:38
I don' t have an Elite, but I' ve toyed with one. The HDMI is quite nice, but it' s fairly redundant with games like gears that are already so dark & filtered to begin with. I only played Gears, Call of Duty and Splinter Cell on the Elite. Gears was identical, I wouldn' t have known it was running HDMI if I hadn' t seen the box. Call of Duty looks quite nice via component as it is, but there was a slight difference inbetween the two. Splinter Cell' s picture benefited from HDMI quite a bit.

All in all is it worth shelling out an extra 80 for? No, but the big HDD certainly is.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll