Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Frame city killer Cancelled
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Frame city killer Cancelled - May 12, 2006 22:50
Namco you saved your honnor !!

www.best4gamers.com
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 12, 2006 23:02
Good. It looked horrible!

The bad thing is that they spent loads mof money on the Unreal Engine 3.0 licence. I wonder if they' ll still develop a game using it...
Abasoufiane

RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 12, 2006 23:07
Namco is not in great shape in this next Gen, firstw was frame city killer that looked horrible then comes the " we love soccer" which was puke and the lastest of their masterpiece in crapiness would b... TEKKEN 6.

what the hell are they thinking, releasing a video like that in the first place, i was very disapointed and god i know PS3 can do much much better graphics than that , it can make a fighting game look like CG , that' s i guarantee.

damn you namco.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 12, 2006 23:14
Maybe we all expected too much from them.

Just look at VF4 Evo on PS2 compared to Tekken 5. Despite a two year gap Evo' s characters feature much greater texture detail and polygon work. Although most of Tekken 5' s stages were better textured than the PS2 VF4 Evo, Evo had around two stages which still looked better overall.

My point is, maybe we can' t expect Tekken 6 to match the standard set in VF5. The game is pushing Lindbergh at around 90%.

That trailer though... was that a joke because I wasn' t laughing?
Abasoufiane

RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 12, 2006 23:19
and PS3 can do much more graphicaly than virtua fighter 5, i' ll keep seeing i won' t be relaxed until i see a fighting game that features characters with high CG quality, anything less is disapointing from now on, i can forgive easily virtua fighter 5 because it' s an arcade port ....

so what game is going to devliver that ? soul Calibur 4 ? that again is namco ... so may be the next virtua fighter .. one thing is for sure, this gonna take a very long time to achieve.
Nitro

RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 00:31
My guess would be DoA5 actually. I expect Team Ninja to outdo both Namco and SEGA with regard to their visuals.

Don' t get me wrong, ...i' ll buy a PS3 at launch JUST for VF5, and of all fighting game series, Virtua Fighter is where my preference lies, but Team Ninja really know how to push the limits of the hardware they are working on.

DoA4 looks great and was a step in the right direction but it was rushed to market. I expect DoA5 to kill everything else graphically.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 01:00
Hmmm namco is the creators of Tales of serie...

Im worried about them,its one of my dearest rpg serie.
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 01:06
I' m a ridge racer fan I hope the upcoming PS3 game really shines. I haven' t gotten the chance to play the 360' s version was it fun? did it continue with the great drift arcadey feel?
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 01:45
Dont give a shit !!! The game was looking more horrible day by day ....
Nitro

RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 04:35
Namco' s problem with Fram City Killer lies with their lack of knowledge about the engine. They usually build their own and they are usually very basic engines built to make the game run fast and look good.

Western engines are a mystery to Japanese studios because they do so many calculations and use so many shaders. Japanese games are nowhere near as heavily shaded as Western titles and i' ve explained that here before.

Other games using the same engine looks awesome:

Huxley

Gears of War

Mass Effect

...whereas Frame City Killer looked terrible from the beginning until the end...

...so NOBODY will be upset at it' s cancellation!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 04:41
Frame city killer basically didn' t use any of the unreal engine 3 features. From the looks of it they were just using regluar polygons and textures where as the other games use normal maps, shader 3, HDR, and all sorts of crazy stuff. I guess you don' t know how to use this kind of stuff when you' ve been developing for the PS2 which has basically nothing as far as special graphical features.

They probably could have made the exact same game with Unreal Engine 2
< Message edited by locopuyo -- 12 May 06 20:42:45 >
Nitro

RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 04:47
Exactly.

I don' t even know why they didn' t develop their engine inhouse anyway. It was doomed from the beginning anyway. Namco make arcade games, do arcade ports and should steer well clear of the 3rd person action genre!

Anybody remember Death by Degrees?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 04:55
Majik,i cant watch your pictures :S
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Frame city killer Cancelled - May 13, 2006 17:16
" and PS3 can do much more graphicaly than virtua fighter 5, i' ll keep seeing i won' t be relaxed until i see a fighting game that features characters with high CG quality, anything less is disapointing from now on, i can forgive easily virtua fighter 5 because it' s an arcade port ..."

The lindbergh is very capable, i wouldn' t discount it because that don' t hype the shit out of it.
I think if you made a head to head comparison, you might find the lindbergh winning most.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll