Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 BattleField 2142
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
BattleField 2142 - Mar 21, 2006 16:55
Now this sounds interesting, a trailer should be out on the net, i will try and see if i can find it.

Here is the link for more info

http://digg.com/gaming/Battlefield_2142_Confirmed_and_Trailer_

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-DnK-d_sp0
< Message edited by Vx Chemical -- 21 Mar 06 9:03:01 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 21, 2006 18:11
Wow

I' ll buy that for three reasons:

Apart from the ice, actually looks like a realitavely normal prediction of the future

Battlefield 2 on the PC rocks

and lastly, (most important)

You get to pilot your own ED 209 Unit from Robocop! (ish!)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 21, 2006 20:53
So Quake Wars will have some REAL competition then...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 21, 2006 21:03
That looks incredible! the ice thing isn' t very farfetched btw. We are overdue for an ice age.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 07:48
we are overdue for an everything.
Rampage99

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 08:23
Lol. What I meant was that scientists said right now we are supposed to be in an ice age based on the normal cycle of the Earth. So in a hundred years we end up getting huge temperature drops don' t be too surprised.
Ikashiru

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 08:30
yeah but the fact is they use these tactics for a long time - yes we are, but my grandad was told at school oil would have run out by 1970, then my dad by 2000 and me 2010.

In fact if the ice caps melt and the temperature drops as a result, studies have shown they will freeze back up again after 100 years or so!

Funny things predicition, as by saying we are due for one means it probably wont come for a long time (partuicularly due to us messing with the climate) but if we disregard it well it might just happen!

Does anyone else get bored with too much snow or sand in games from time to time? Or is it just me? Not saying about battlefield, just in general - like a film set in a desert - great! NOT.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 08:35
everything is going to cancel each other out out. The ' green house effect' will warm up the planet, the ice age will melt, thus solveing our future to be water problems, the polar ice caps will melt, only to frezze again with an reduction in carbon dioxides,

yellowstone will erupt and destory the world but before that .. erm.. a big line of microsft fanboys will inhale all the volcanic ash, thus crateing enough carbon dioxide from farts and burps for the trees to live and thrive, the amazon will be reduced in size but for every tree cut down another one will be planted,Oil will dry up but hydrogen is quickly replaced for it, the sun will expand but we will move the earth by some sort of gravital push and increase our orbit around the sun.

erm, the only real problem i see is that we do too much worrin.

Funny things predicition, as by saying we are due for one means it probably wont come for a long time

well the next pope is meant to be ' Peter the Roman' and then after that, its apparently the end of the world as we know it, some old roman dude forecast thousands of years ago, who knows?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 22 Mar 06 0:38:00 >
Rampage99

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 09:40
December 21, 2012 is the end of the world just so you guys all know.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 10:33
Global warming is a term used too often. Most people don' t understand exactly what it means either.

Look, the fingerprints of global warming, the direct manifestations of a widespread, long term trend of warmer global temperatures are:

-Heat waves and periods of unusally warm/hot weather

-Ocean warming, sea level rising and costal flooding

-Glacier melting (obviously)

-Artic and Antarctic warming

Fairly obvious and straight forward so far right?!

Ha, well the stuff you don' t really hear about, ...the stuff that would directly affect me and you are:

-Spreading disease

-Earlier Spring arrival

-Plant and animal range shifts

-Population changes

-Coral reef bleaching

-Downpours, hevay snowalls, flash floods, hurricanes, cyclones

-Drought and fires

Global cooling on the otherhand is a theory. We' re NOT headed for an iceage, we' re not due a period of glaciation for 1000' s of years yet. The polar ice caps melting WILL have drastic effects but it won' t cause an iceage. There will be flooding and much more tropical-esque weather, a reduction of land mass and a decrease in population due to stuff like diseases, but not an iceage.

The only thing that would cool the Earth right now is global dimming, ...the reduction in sunlight reaching the surface of the planet. More pollutants in the atmosphere the less sun can get through, thus the cooler the planet. Luckily we' re not at that stage yet!

The coming of an iceage, that were overdue an iceage? It' s a mid 20th century theory and has been debunked on numerous occasions. It' s lies!

Earthquakes, hurricanes, major flooding and tsunamis becoming more and more frequent are all you will see in your lifetime. No big deal!
Rampage99

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 11:01
One of the reasons we are over due for an ice age is because we are about to pass through the most dense populated asteriod field in our Galaxy. Scitentists has found that every time we pass through this field we get hit by a meteor and it causes massive destruction followed by an ice age due to the massive amounts of dust and debry that is sent into the atmosphere.

The last time we passed through this field the dinosaurs mysteriously dissappeared and the ice age came to be. It' s not as out there as you claim. Plenty of scientists still support this. While we may not witness this in our lifetimes, it' s very possible the earth will be hit by a meteor withing the next few thousand years. But again... that doesn' t matter because 2012 is the magic year.
Planetmoo

• Total Posts : 2
RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 12:29
LOL Where do you guys get your info? Sorry I just love this stuff and it got me going even though I came here to read about BF.

Decmber 21, 2012 is NOT the end of the world it is merely the end of one of many cycles the world has gone through, based on ancient Mayan calculations (as well as those of other civilisations). It' s actually a positive thing. Also known as the Age of Aquarius, return of the golden age (we' re currently in the iron age or as the Vedas put it, the Kali Yuga). There is also some speculation that this represents the time and date of Earth' s alignment with the Galactic centre.

There' s been several ice ages since the dinosaurs were wiped out which was many millions of years ago. An ice age doesn' t wipe out the entire population of the Earth because some places are actually more pleasant to live in (i.e. probably where I come from - Australia) than when it was not an ice age. The last ice age, roughly 10,000 or so years ago (which started about 120,000 years ago - i.e. well after the dinosaurs became extinct) is remembered most famously when it ended and resulted in the great flood which Noah survived. It ended because some of the Ice sheets over the antarctic got so thick with ice they eventually slid off and millions of tonne of ice fell into the antarctic sea, causing a worldwide Tsunami. Anything living away from the coast or in elevated areas wouldn;t have died, whether it was humans in the last one, or Dinosaurs 100 ice ages ago ;)

My advice - hedge your bets. Buy a property in the complete North of your country and the complete South. That way you' re covered both for global warming AND an ice age.
< Message edited by planetmoo -- 22 Mar 06 4:31:38 >
Rampage99

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 13:47
Bible Code also predicts the same date as the Mayan Calender.
Vx Chemical

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 18:15
No no, the end of the world was 1996, i saw so in Terminator 2. The predictions in that movie is just as accurate, as anything bible or some mayan mystics can come up with, its just pure speculation, and people tend to read " prophecies" too much, or too little. The end of the world will be when China and the US decide not to get along, which will be sometime after the US has invaded Iran and Syria and some other bandit states.

Ahh well!
Rampage99

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 20:34
Terinator 2 is the greatest movie of all time. Oh, and it' s August 29, 1997 that SkyNet becomes self aware and launches the US nukes at Russia to cause the first global nuclear war. 1996 was close though. You can have like half a cookie.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 22 Mar 06 12:36:53 >
Vx Chemical

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 22, 2006 20:46
Ahh its been years since iv seen it :) but hey, atleast we are still alive :P maybe everyone was wearing sunblock? but where are the machines?
Ikashiru

RE: BattleField 2142 - Mar 24, 2006 08:07
im so glad you guys posted! The noah comment had me heading for the hills myself!

Still, despite it' s outcomes I' m well chuffed we have such broad ranging discussion here @ Kikizo!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll