Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MX Unleased on 4 wheels?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
MX Unleased on 4 wheels? - Jun 03, 2004 13:25
Again I bring info on Flatout. a hardcore racing game I been nagging about for months now. One thing to separate this from other racing games is that it doesnt feature fancy shing expencive cars, but more of a variety of muscle cars.

The company have created a physics engine that' ll allow thousands of objects in the enviroment to be interactive, cars with full body deformation, and a driver that features ragdoll physics that allows him/her to go headfirst thru the window and wrap around objects or roll a good distance. car destruction is very much welcomed. Altho similar to TocA yer cars damage will affect its ability to work. The team spent a very large amount of time with enviroments, making sure that everythign breaks down realistically and will even stay on the track (knock out the legs to a water tower and itll come crashing down leavign one helluva obstacle for ppl behind you, but beware cuz itll be there on yer next lap).

they have included a large amount of tracks, varied with enviroments. And plenty of game modes. One thatll appeal to burnout fans that involves a good ol carwreck and the drivers ragdoll body. Back to the tracks heres what developer of the game had to say

There will be five different environments: Forest, Winter, Town, Pit and Racing. Each will be split into a number of tracks – we aim for there to be at least 36 different circuits. On top of that, we have stunt tracks and dirt tracks and an oval. There is absolutely loads for the player to do!
along with that the tracks are explorable similar to MX Unleashes.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6/3/2004 1:26:51 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message