Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 One artist lost respect while another gained it
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
One artist lost respect while another gained it - Feb 04, 2004 05:01
While in the midst of checking out the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' new video, I also caught Jessica Simpson' s " With You" on VH1. And it' s a cool little song. Something I don' t mind hearing.

Now, the girl is fucking hot, no question. But the video for With You was absolutely pa-the-tic!!!!

She' s hot, and that was the basis for the whole freakin' video. All she did was smile in the camera, tug on her incredibly tight t-shirt, and even tore off a rubber glove with her teeth.

They were trying to sell her ass so bad it was pathetic. I couldn' t believe how anyone would allow themselves to be pimped out so. There was simply zero artist integrity to be found in that video. I was actually ashamed to even watch it.

The only thing I could think about after seeing that video was " what a whore." She' s such a puppet to her image that it hurts. Jessica Simpson' s video made Britney Spear' s videos look like they were made by a creative genious!

Now, I don' t know why, but DMX has gained so much more respect from me in the past couple days. Weird because I don' t even own any of his CD' s and don' t listen to any of his songs.

But I was watching him on the Dave Chappelle show when I realized that no matter what DMX is singing I can usually feel what he' s saying. I just don' t " understand" it, I can " feel" it. It shines in his voice and in his words. The only other current rapper to give me that feeling is Eminem who I also like.

IMO, DMX has fucked up in a lot of ways in regards to his career, but I can' t help but to respect his lyrics.
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: One artist lost respect while another gained it - Feb 10, 2004 16:34
I' m afraid I haven' t seen Jessica Simpson' s video... but if it is anything like Christina Aguillera' s then I' d probably agree with you.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: One artist lost respect while another gained it - Apr 06, 2004 03:37
I' ve seen the video.
It' s actually making reference to the Newlywed show with her and Nick Lachey.
All the stuff like eating tuna, the plata-my-puss, and the mess of clothes on the floor all came from stuff that actually happened on her reality t.v. show.
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: One artist lost respect while another gained it - Apr 06, 2004 04:13
I really don' t like Jessica Simpson... or her show... or that dude from 98 Degrees. [:' (] I like to call them dumb and dumber.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: One artist lost respect while another gained it - Apr 06, 2004 04:15
My girlfriend likes the show so I end up watching it with her.
It' s actually pretty funny at times

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message