Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 City of God
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
City of God - Jul 29, 2004 17:09
Hands down the best movie I' ve seen this year. I rented it last night and was thoroughly impressed. It' s a foreign film, so if you ever watch it (and I do recommended you watch it) then expect tons of subtitles. However, this isn' t some low budget flick. It' s as polished as any film out there. Great cast and good actors. The story is basically about a journalist' s childhood within the drug town " City of God" in Rio De Janeiro. What you' ll see in this film is perhaps some of the most emotional and downright disturbing stuff you' ll ever see in a movie. I was shocked to watch a kid hackled until he killed another kid from a rival gang. Then, when I got to the end of the film, I found out this was all based off a true story (even shows actual interviews from the gang members during the credits) and the heaviness of the subject matter sunk in even more. If you get the chance you should seriously check this film out. It' s amazing.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: City of God - Jul 29, 2004 17:45
Ell ya I saw thats a damn good movie I saw it in theatres awhile back and picked up the DVD a short time ago.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: City of God - Jul 29, 2004 23:48
I ran this movie when I was a projectionist. it was good but there is, well, one part that is just stupid. I can' t remember exactly how it goes, but some woman is describing how great it is getting anal with a banana or something, yet you have to heat the banana. The next scene shows them going at it and the banana sitting on the shelf. Even the skankiest people I know don' t see how that could be pleasurable.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: City of God - Aug 01, 2004 18:00
I have had this lying around in DVD for a while now... this does it... I will watch it tonight.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: City of God - Aug 01, 2004 19:00

this does it... I will watch it tonight.

Must' ve been the banana reference

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message