Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I bet you' re all probably wondering --
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
I bet you' re all probably wondering -- - Mar 08, 2005 11:04
What happened to lotusson!!!!! .....okay, probably not. :D

Well I moved into a new place and figured since I' ll only have my internet service off for a couple days no biggie -- but it' s never that simple. I can' t get Comcast so I call up SBC Yahoo DSL. I sign up for their one year plan at 36 bucks a month. Figured they' ll be able to get me online in a couple days like Comcast -- like hell. They promised me I' ll have my DSL modem in two days.... it took them a week. No biggie I suppose. I finally get my modem, hook everything up, and try to install the software -- keyword being try. Because as the modem is testing for a connection, I realize my activation date (the date they' ll turn my service on) isn' t for another four days. So now it' s going on two weeks and I' m getting pissed. I call up SBC to try and move my activation date. No go. Apparently they have to work on your line before setting up your DSL. At that point I really wanted to cancel my subscription, but SBC is the only broadband company in the area since I can' t get Comcast. So I figured I' d wait. The software installation of course failed so when it asked me to reboot my computer I just turned it off and figured I' ll comeback to it later........ but this..... this is beautiful. Because when I turn my PC back on I realize that SBC' s software F***KING CRASHED MY COMPUTER!!!! -_- I tried everything short of re-installing Windows to get it working again. After reaching my technical limits I decided to take it to Best Buy and have them work on it. So that' s where my PC is now... at Best Buy.... cold and alone. And here I am.... posting from the school' s computer. How sad.

On the plus side, during the downtime I finally beat Halo 2 on Legendary. Wearing it like a badge of honor.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll