Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 17, 2006 19:55
I just downloaded the GH:AW developer diary form gametrailers.com and i have to say that i' m as impressed with that as i am with the MGS4 demonstration. It looks REALLY impressive, and it' s out in March!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 17, 2006 20:22
thanks for posting that - I' m going to download it right now ...
Nitro

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 17, 2006 20:23

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

thanks for posting that - I' m going to download it right now ...

Grrrrrr!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 17, 2006 21:05
The game does look absolutely incredible! I' ve been keeping my eye on this one and am prepared to preorder the game along with Oblivion and Gears of War this month. Sadly it seems like all three games are coming out in the same month which is gonna kill my wallet and free time.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 17, 2006 21:34
I dont think you should hold your breath on Gears of War rampage, im guesing late summer for that one. But i might be wrong!
Nitro

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 17, 2006 21:35

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

The game does look absolutely incredible! I' ve been keeping my eye on this one and am prepared to preorder the game along with Oblivion and Gears of War this month. Sadly it seems like all three games are coming out in the same month which is gonna kill my wallet and free time.

I know, but they' ll all be worth it. I' m gonna gave to think about how i want to divide my playing time between single player and Xbox Live. I' m still playing Ghost Recon 2 over Live!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 18, 2006 04:08
This one so far is listed for 3/7, just in time for my birthday! Meaning I wont have to pay for it (altho I would anyways). GR2 is by far IMO the best Live game out there (great lobby setup, easy connection, practically lag-free, endless match settings...etc..etc). I have the 360 yet I still play GR2:SS the most on Xbox Live.

I read the section on GRAW in OXM and reading all the features and stuff is making me drool madly over this game. Im glad they decided not to make the same game for all systems (theyd have to limit themselves if that were the case), but instead they got Ubisoft Shanghai working on the Xbox version while Ubisoft Paris and RedStorm work on the 360 version.

Not only that but both will be done in different styles and have their own individual features and online maps. Xbox is strictly first person using a modified Unreal Engine, while the 360 has 3rd/1st with in-house engine. A whole list of differences which makes me wanna tryout both however the money tells me no since I have to get Elder Scrolls also.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 18, 2006 04:39
Yeah March is a bad month for economy, two games, and there is none i want in february annoying!
Nitro

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 18, 2006 05:43
Gives you ample chance to complete the games you have though. I haven' t finished Call of Duty on the hardest difficulty yet.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 19, 2006 02:55

I just downloaded the GH:AW developer diary form gametrailers.com and i have to say that i' m as impressed with that as i am with the MGS4 demonstration. It looks REALLY impressive, and it' s out in March!

again i think you' re a bit exagertaing magicdragon, sure the game look really good, but it doesn' t match MGS4 quality graphic...

unless if you believed some CG parts in that trailer were real time.

just to agree at least on that, there was some cg on the trailer right? most of the the cut scenes ...
Nitro

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 19, 2006 03:03
Ofcourse the cutscenes weren' t realtime, but it' s also out at least a year before MGS4. I' m just saying i' m AS impressed as i was with the MGS4 demonstration.

What you should bear in mind though is that MGS4 won' t actually look that good when you' re playing it. Sure, the cutscenes will, but all MGS cutscenes look better than when you are actually in control of the character. MGS4 at TGS looked fantastic, but anyone who' s not stupid knows that it won' t look quite that good when you' re playing it.

Some parts of GR:AW actually do look almost as good graphically as the MGS4 demonstration though, not quite but close!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 19, 2006 08:47
Advanced Warfighter looks awesome, yeah alot of that is cinematic, but with everyone complaining about next gen graphics, i look at it like this. Is it better than what' s sitting next to my tv right now? with MGS4, if you look at the trailer very closely, in decent definition. (i' m watching as we speak on my official playstation magazine disk) you can see an extreme change in graphic quality from the first-person perspective to the snake close-quartering that soldier, and everything after that point. yes all of the actual snake scenes look fantastic, but i would be shocked and awed if sony turns out something like the first portion.
Nitro

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 19, 2006 10:04
Well spotted!

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 19, 2006 10:11
...wha? ...what are you on?....

...i don' t understand why people are saying that the MGS4 trailer is all cutscene, when (to me at least), it' s obvious that it' s only the second portion which is a cutscene...

....the first 47 seconds of the trailer, that are done in first-person mode look absolutely stunning.... ...the way the gun has been modelled.. the way the other soldiers move.... ....and the camera briefly zooming in on the scope... ..it all feels and acts like in-game play....

...when was the last time you saw a cutscene directed like that in a metal gear game? ....

...it' s only AFTER snake pounces on his foe that it enters traditional MG cutscene style mode....

...there' s just NO F*CKING WAY that it is pre-rendered footage..... ....you can even see from how the soldier slaps the back of the solider in front, that it was an in-game command (press x to ' move out' )....

....Ghost Recon AW is visually as good as Kojima-Productions 2 years away next gen game?...... ...you wish...

...that' s why Ghost Recon AW got the same reaction from the press and fans as MG4' s unveiling......

....not...

EDIT: ....need sleep...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 19 Jan 06 18:35:20 >
Nitro

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 19, 2006 10:22
4, it' s MGS4 dumbass!

The ENTIRE thing is rendered in realtime, yes, we know. Whether the portion that appears playable at the beginning actually is, is undetermined. I would think that if it was then Kojima would' ve mentioned it.

" ....Ghost Recon AW is visually as good as Kijoma-Productions 2 years away next gen game?...... ...you wish... " Sorry, did you say something productive?! Hmmm, i think i actually said...

" Some parts of GR:AW actually do look almost as good graphically as the MGS4 demonstration though, not quite but close!"

Some parts, like; character animation (and we are talking about GR:AW ingame footage, and your ' ingame' 47 seconds...), character modelling. Rendering and blur effects, advanced light sourcing and self shadowing.

And it' s Kojima not Kijoma, ...pal!

EDIT: HA HA HA, i just found out what Bishonen means! - " beautiful boy"

Fuckin' Yaoi shit!

Ha, is it biseinen or bishota you' re into? Whichever, it' s fuckin' wrong!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 19 Jan 06 19:17:47 >
Abasoufiane

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 19, 2006 21:42
it is silly to think that the first portion of the MGS4 trailer " might" be playable !! the whole trailer is a cut scene that might not even exist in the " final product" !!

1) if it was plyable, it would be mentioned right away
2) you don' t play as a soldier but as snake ?? ok may be it' s not a very good argument this one...

i just saw the GR trailer for a second time and MGS4 for nth time... and both trailer " as a whole" cannot be compared graphicaly, GR look good but doesn' t really look " next gen" since you can easily believe that this game can turn on a 3ghz pc with a nvidia 6800GT...

i might add that if this game looked almost good as MGS4, then it will make almost the same effect as MGS4, Gears of war, Final fight round 3 or even oblivion, which of course it didn' t, just look at the score on gamerailer, it missed to wow players...

Ofcourse the cutscenes weren' t realtime, but it' s also out at least a year before MGS4. I' m just saying i' m AS impressed as i was with the MGS4 demonstration.

it' s very intresting, you said you were as impressed with that as you were with MGS4, how come ?? even if you just have seen MGS4 trailer for the first time as GR, the statement won' t hold true because MGS4 look better, how about that MGS trailer was released like 4 months ago, and i' m sure you' ve seen it during that time... well may be that' s not what you meant after all, simply you just think that graphicaly it' s almost equal to MGS4... although that' s not what you expressed
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 20 Jan 06 5:43:10 >
Abasoufiane

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 19, 2006 22:02

What you should bear in mind though is that MGS4 won' t actually look that good when you' re playing it. Sure, the cutscenes will, but all MGS cutscenes look better than when you are actually in control of the character. MGS4 at TGS looked fantastic, but anyone who' s not stupid knows that it won' t look quite that good when you' re playing it.

nothing for sure magicdragon, i agree with you that MGS2 and specialy 3, looked better in cut scenes, but sometimes i think that might be just an impression , you can see more details when the camera zoom in on characters so that' s why you have the impression that it look better but i' m not sure of this at all, one thingnfor sure the ligthning is better in the cut scenes , strangely enough i do see cutscenes looking beter than in game although i don' t see a difference in textures and polygons, what is the secret ?? lighthing and shadows???

but one thing i am sure of , this exists in Halo 2, the game look so much much better than in the gameplay, you can even see textures poping up dureing the cutscens!!!

one otherr thing that you should not forget, kojima said that he can make the game even look better !!! the game is still in developement and you can excpect for 99% that the cutscens of the final game will look at least as good as the trailers, according to history MGS2 and MGS 3.

after all guys, this is what we should expect from next gen, that power, i' m very optimistic to see MGS4 run ingame as it did in the trailer, it should be!!! given the power of PS3 (which we might consider at least as powerful as 360), look at xbox with those futile specs nowadays and still it manages to bring out Half life 2 looking and runing even a bit better than an average PC, which is very very impressive.... how about a console that is much much much more powerful than the average pc today, what can we expect ??? the answer is: games like gears of war, MGS4, gran turismo vision, final fight night 3 and of course even more power in upcoming years .....
Bishonen

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 20, 2006 00:16

Fuckin' Yaoi shit!

.....hmmmm....

....as far as i understand, ' Bishonen' is simply a term of endearment which may be uttered from a girl to her beau.... ...it' s what my ex-girlfriend used to call me....

.....i do find it interesting that you seem to know so much about that other stuff though......
Nitro

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 20, 2006 01:56

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

Fuckin' Yaoi shit!

.....hmmmm....

....as far as i understand, ' Bishonen' is simply a term of endearment which may be uttered from a girl to her beau.... ...it' s what my ex-girlfriend used to call me....

.....i do find it interesting that you seem to know so much about that other stuff though......

LOL!

Ha, is Japanese and refers to feminine males. It' s a Yaoi thing. And for the record, is simply checked wikipedia to get a definition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abasoufiane, again you aren' t making sense. I have both trailers in HD and i said that " some parts.." " ..come close.." . Didin' t you read the post after that. Check out the animation of the soldiers moving down the street towards the end. Check out the poly count used to model the characters etc...

GR:AW is out in March. MGS4 won' t be out anywher until at least the tail end of next year. I said i was AS impressed with it!!!

MGS4 WILL NOT LOOK THAT GOOD WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING IT!!!

Kojima uses advanced ' skinning' in his cutscenes that add more detail and shadows etc. The same technique is used in Gran Turismo games during the replays.

You can' t compare a cutscene from one game to ingame footage from another graphically. I wasn' t and you know that.

GO HERE, and then come back and say i' m wrong... (remember it' s ingame, and check out the screens)

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3145945&did=1

Gear of War by the way, uses more polygons to render it' s main character than Kojima used to render snake in the MGS4 demonstration...

Bishonen

RE: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - Jan 20, 2006 03:51
...f*ck .....

...i didn' t know that it had such connotations.....

.....' feminine male' .... ...like some one with long hair?...

......f*ck....

...there was a contemporary definition in that waki thing about it being a general description of a handsome person..... ..and that it also has associations with female romance manga...

....that must of been her intention ... ...or maybe i heard wrong...

...still disturbing however.....
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread