Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My ultimate fighting game, i beg you to read it and give it some of your time
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
My ultimate fighting game, i beg you to read it and give it some of your time - Apr 19, 2007 01:52
i would like to share with you guys mi vision of a new fighting genre which i had in mind for quiet some time now, this might look very long but i think it is interesting, i' ve already posted something about that and it didn' t attract the attention i hoped, at the time some stupid greeks and mongols were poisoning the forum , so please i would love to have your feedbacks even if you say it' s crap, i' m just feeling the fighting genre is kinda stuck and evolving extremly slowly even on next gen, for me virtua fighter didn' t impress me at all, specialy on the animation side which is stagnating...

This fighting genre is not like virtua fighter , or tekken ... not that style, this has rather an anime style, think naruto or bleach but NOT THEM, this genre is a hybrid between rpg and fighting games which will play mostly ONLINE.

now my ideas:

1) chracters should be created from a to z, we are on next gen , i expect much more choice and interactions with the items i created, little big planet on ps3 showed that exaclty and i want exactly the same ability on this game, you can tailor pants, caps, tag them add design from pictures you downloaded and everything will look fine as it does on little big planet... this will creat a truly unique characters and bring creativity to the table.

2) Your character had 4 main factors (strenght , defense , and stamina)

life: this is your life bar
strenght: the power of your hits
defense: your ability to resist hits
stamina: your power to attack and unleach special attacks.

3)

your character had a level exactly like JRPG' s, the more higher the more it kicks ass, depending on the style of your characters initiated first (at the creation) some factors will have more importance than the other, of course after reaching high level you will probably have excellent " factors" , all of them, but to reach that you should:

4) beat players online, the more you win the more your power increase, as in rpg' s if you beat people with low levels, they won' t add you anything ... well almost, however the weak one will benefit even if he loses

say if he loses his experience will still increase by 5%
if he wins someone with the same level , more experience
if he manage to win someone with a higher level, he' ll have much more experience etc etc ... got the point, for exemple there is a chance to beat a player with a very high level, if you are good with what you got, if you dodge his attacks etc...

HOWEVER if the one with higher level loses, he will lose some experience , this is to prevent people to level up their characters by making fake games with friends and say things like " hey can you please let me beat you so i can level up" .

5) your stats are wroitten, how many times you loses , how many times you win, in fact you will probably gain a REAL reputation if you are good, your characters can bring nightmares to some people .

6) now here is a very cool idea , first of all your characters upon creations have almost no abilities , no speical attacks, except for somemovements that comes with the style he chooses , ninja , kung fu, etc i don' t know just making exemple ... and you WILL UNLOCK ABILITIES THE MORE YOU LEVEL UP...

now think of it as a very big tree with a lot of branches, suppose that at creation you will choose if your chracater is good or eveil, that' s first, now the evil path unveil abilities that the good path doesn' t have, each ability will unlock others, and those cost experiences , there should be a thousand of special attacks and movements that one can unlock, the developers might add some contents later on.

The impact of the game is that when i play against you, i have almost noooo idea what your character is capable of, there might be some secret techniques that you learned and that you could unlock because of your high levels or some stuff like that, this will creat excitement and you can always surprise people... my problem with fighting games is that when i play the game a lot , i know each characters what is capable of, i know their combos they are predictable, in soul calibur , my brother could not hit me easily and same for me, which made me lose interest in the game later on (and i was extremly good in the game, at least that' s what i thougt).

so you might start with good path for exemple , then unlock the tiger style or whatever , learn how to do some kung fu techniques and then learn the ninja way etc etc, so basicaly your characters can learn a lot and a lot of techniques , may be all of them in one unique character (if you do,n' t have a life)

7) ok there are many techniques and spell for your customized character , but how going to map that on a controler that has much fewer button:

firstof all there is the standard things to make a special attack , like the regular fighting games , but what' s new here is this:

you will use your second analog (right one) as the hands of your character , think how naruto or whatever uses his hands to launch those attacks , wel you will do the same thing:

there are attacks that you can simply move the analog stick in some motions, for exemple make two downs and one up, then you add another layer

keep the R pushed will perfomring with the second analog, this should creat other attacks

keep L pushed and perform again with the second analog, well you get the idea guys?

all those comnbinations will allow many possibilities , heck may be the six axis will add even more...

YOU WILL NOT GET CONFUSE WITH ALL THE NUMBER OF THA ATTACKS, because you learn them one by one , you will probably get use to them before unlocking others , until you become a real master learning all your attacks , may be you could map those attacks on teh controleer, so that you are the ONLY ONE who can unleash them, but i guess that' s useless ...

8) some attacks can be upgraded , leveled up, if you use them a lot , so someone might unleash the attacks as you do , but yours is much more devastating even if your level is lower than his !

9) ALL ATTACKS cost stamina and you should use them wisely , if you run out of stamina, you can' t unleash those special attacks, and the regular atacks will be weak, so you should think strategicaly, of course if your characters is tough, your stamina will be very large.

10) i want to see that my character is getting tired, or the opponent for that matter, may be when your ONLINE , you should only see your life bar , not the opponent' s one ...

11) physics should be implemented

12) this game will be nothing if the core game if nothing, those are features and ideas that should be added for the main game, it has to have good graphics, very nice animations , good physics etc ... well thank you for your atention, i hope you will give me your feedbacks and discuss with me all that.
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 18 Apr 07 17:53:01 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message