Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 11, 2007 04:27
Everybody loves the Dual-Shock.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 11, 2007 04:34
Actually I hate it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 11, 2007 04:56
I think it works well,but i by far do not love it,360 controller i love though.

Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 11, 2007 05:03
Dual shock deserved the award...but this is one huge ass mistake. It shows how pathetic SCEA is right now to try and get any shred of information that could sell the PS3 out to the casual gamers.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 11, 2007 05:05
Its even more sad that they think people like " we" (gamers) would buy into what the Emmy organisations gives prize to.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 11, 2007 05:23
I like the Dual shock and 360 controller for different types of games. For FPS I prefer the 360 contoller a lot more but for almost everything else I give the Dual shock the lead.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 11, 2007 05:51
The only thing i have ever like about a sony controller was on the ps2 i like the d pad better, but for some reason the ps3' s is different
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 11, 2007 20:46
DualShock? man, that is SOo0o0o0o0oo0oo 1980' s..
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 19, 2007 02:27

Dual shock deserved the award...but this is one huge ass mistake. It shows how pathetic SCEA is right now to try and get any shred of information that could sell the PS3 out to the casual gamers.

I agree.

DualShock? man, that is SOo0o0o0o0oo0oo 1980' s.

...late 1990' s early 20th century.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 19, 2007 02:58
Both the dual shock, and sixxaxis beat every other controller other than the wii' s and N64' s. I don' t understand how all of a sudden, anything Sony is no good apparently, and how slamming their product is the " in" thing to do right now. Don' t label me as a fanboy, I' ve owned every console excluding the Atari Jaguar, Panasonic 3do, Sega CD, Sega Dreamcast, and Xbox360(but I played my roomates for close to a year)
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 19, 2007 03:13

Sony won for their dual shock analog controller. The award is from the Video Game Technology Group. It was nominated by our internal group and considered along with the Nintendo D-Pad both of which were considered Emmy worthy for the development of the generation of controllers that followed the classic joysticks.

I like the PS2 pad because it' s d-pad friendly, but seriously, if anyone has had any influence on the generation of controllers that followed the classic joysticks, then it' s Nintendo.
The DualShock is just a combination of Nintendo' s ideas.
The only upgrade from the N64 controller is the second analog stick but that stick has the same function as the N64' s yellow c-buttons.
I think Sony recieved the reward, not just for the functions of the controller, but mostly because the controller is so popular.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 18 Jan 07 19:14:53 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 19, 2007 03:16

...late 1990' s early 20th century.

And I guess that would be 21th century then.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 19, 2007 04:50

Both the dual shock, and sixxaxis beat every other controller other than the wii' s and N64' s.

Thats a lie actually!

360' s controller pawns everything!

cant say for the wii, but its a category of its own
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 18 Jan 07 20:50:29 >
Dagashi

RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 19, 2007 05:16
I can understand your opinion. I like the 360 controller, but I still prefer the flat buttons of other systems, and I' m not a huge fan of the joysticks. I find nintendo' s and Sony' s just as precise, but easier on the thumb, and for games like fight night and hockey, I really love the dual stick setup on the sony controllers.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 19, 2007 16:09
When i use dual shock i feel like my thumb is placed wrongly on my hand, having the analog sticks aligned like that doest work for my anatomy
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 19, 2007 19:30
The 360 controller is the best one for games that mostly uses both analog sticks.
However, if you' re playing a game that uses the d-pad and the action buttons, such as fighting games, then the 360 controller sucks.
Why? Well, the d-pad and the action buttons aren' t placed on the same horizontal line which forces you to hold the controller in a weird way.
The DualShock/SIXAXIS is the opposite. Using both analog sticks can feel weird but the d-pad is perfectly placed.

One thing about the d-pad on the 360 that me and my friend noticed is that it' s not a pad like the classic Nintendo or sega pads.
It' s a stick!
It' s more of a d-pad face put on a non-analog stick. That makes the d-pad feel less defined and hard to use.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 20, 2007 00:55
I wonder if I would get an emmy for duct taping 2 joysticks and rumble engines to the bottom end of my controller. Sony did it. Seriously, the Dual Shock is shit, they just slapped them on, they didn' t test different areas and find the best comfort or redesign the controller for the most comfortable or logical layout, they just slapped 2 joysticks and rumble engines on to a PS1 controller.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 20, 2007 01:06
Dual Shock is OVERRATED! I hate the position of the analog sticks especially for FPS. It just doesn' t feel comfortable having to move your thumbs down to where the analog sticks are positioned.
Dagashi

RE: Sony lied about SIXAXIS Emmy - Jan 20, 2007 18:49

I wonder if I would get an emmy for duct taping 2 joysticks and rumble engines to the bottom end of my controller. Sony did it. Seriously, the Dual Shock is shit, they just slapped them on, they didn' t test different areas and find the best comfort or redesign the controller for the most comfortable or logical layout, they just slapped 2 joysticks and rumble engines on to a PS1 controller

Dual Shock is OVERRATED! I hate the position of the analog sticks especially for FPS. It just doesn' t feel comfortable having to move your thumbs down to where the analog sticks are positioned.

Yikes. Cmon guys, I can understand you might not like the controller, but please be reasonable here. You are in the minority of people by disliking the controller, and seem quite aggresive in your hatred out it. I can see you find the controller uncomfortable, as I do with the Xbox and gamecube controller. But don' t just label it as junk. I along with the majority of the people I know rate it as one of their top 3 favorite controllers,(behind the Super Nes and Nintendo 64 controller for me).
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message