Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 27, 2006 08:31
Wtf?

Capcom' s beloved Devil May Cry series may be coming to an Xbox 360 near you. DMC producer, Hiroshi Kobayashi, recently told Japanese magazine, Famitsu, that he expects Dante to make a next-gen debut on the Xbox 360 and Wii and not the PS3. Kobayashi also said that there will be changes in the games such as the fighting system and making the difficulty suitable for all players.
Kobayashi has said that the Xbox 360 version of the game will be just as good if not better than the PS3 trailer shown at the 2005 E3.

I making this up?

Bs read yourself

http://ps3.qj.net/Sony-to-lose-Devil-May-Cry-exclusivity-/pg/49/aid/41766

http://www.360insider.net/articles/05-18-2006/devil-may-cry-coming-to-xbox-360/

http://www.360-hq.com/modules.php?name=Xbox_Games&op=view&id=280&related_gid=280

or get us the famitsu and read the news yourself if you doubt.

ps! it could be so that he gonna do a speical DMC to 360 and wii,and it hit the first,while DMC4 later comes to ps3.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 27 Jul 06 0:33:52 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 27, 2006 08:50
Hmmm ... I just dont think so, after 3 super exculsive games on ps2 [par the pc port]. Dmc4 for 360 and wii with no mention of ps3? even when a trailer for the game was shown at e305?

no way.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 27, 2006 10:58

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Hmmm ... I just dont think so, after 3 super exculsive games on ps2 [par the pc port]. Dmc4 for 360 and wii with no mention of ps3? even when a trailer for the game was shown at e305?

no way.

agreed, there´s no way in hell this game si going to come near the 360, i mean the hard core devil may cry fans are in Japan, and there no one has a 360 so a guess thats just not gonna happend
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 27, 2006 11:34
I wouldn' t discredit it yet. Things haven' t been looking good for Sony' s exclusivity these days, that' s easy to see. Would it really be that hard to believe that the game is getting ported to a few different consoles?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 27, 2006 15:55

ORIGINAL: fernandino

agreed, there´s no way in hell this game si going to come near the 360, i mean the hard core devil may cry fans are in Japan, and there no one has a 360 so a guess thats just not gonna happend

The only logical reasons for a game to not be multi-platform are...

a) Developer simply does not have funds to make a multi-platform release.

b) A console manufacturer pays for the exclusive rights to an IP.

c) The producer of the game feels that they would not be able to recoup the cost of development through software sales on a particular console.

The first is valid. The second one is a bullshit. The third, though valid, is really a shame.

As Terry would say, " The only exclusive titles should be first party titles."
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 27, 2006 16:29
Seriously,im gonna kill my friend.

I SAID,IS THIS THE NEWS FROM MAY?
AND HE WAS LIKE,NO NO ITS NEW.

damn idiot
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 28, 2006 04:28
...garbage..
fernandino

RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 28, 2006 11:05

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

ORIGINAL: fernandino

The only logical reasons for a game to not be multi-platform are...

a) Developer simply does not have funds to make a multi-platform release.

b) A console manufacturer pays for the exclusive rights to an IP.

c) The producer of the game feels that they would not be able to recoup the cost of development through software sales on a particular console.

The first is valid. The second one is a bullshit. The third, though valid, is really a shame.

As Terry would say, " The only exclusive titles should be first party titles."

man thats not true, as i said before i know this industry because i am pretty close to people who work on it, and sometimes the publishers release their games on just one platform to keep the good relations whit that company, even if u wont belive it there´s still partnership in the game industry because they make profit of mutual benefit, CAPCOM seeks to help SONY´s market share to grow because that way they´ll have a strong fanbase there, a fanbase that will follow then everyway they go because they have a relatioship.

Now about the topic at hand, such statements havent been confirmed or posted by any major videogame news website, beeing such big news as it is, so i guess that was just bogus
< Message edited by fernandino -- 28 Jul 06 3:13:22 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 28, 2006 12:24

man thats not true, as i said before i know this industry because i am pretty close to people who work on it, and sometimes the publishers release their games on just one platform to keep the good relations whit that company, even if u wont belive it there´s still partnership in the game industry because they make profit of mutual benefit, CAPCOM seeks to help SONY´s market share to grow because that way they´ll have a strong fanbase there, a fanbase that will follow then everyway they go because they have a relatioship.

FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Dude, you sound like an idiot. I nearly stopped reading when i got to...

as i said before i know this industry because i am pretty close to people who work on it

...but realised you were replying to what Chee Saw said and since he is right and your telling him he' s not i figured i' d read the rest and see what you were talking about.

Games are generally released on the platform that' s " safest" . Square-Enix isn' t keen to leave Sony' s side because Sony have established themselves as the market leaders and releasing Final Fantasy games on Sony' s platforms is safer than releasing them on Microsoft' s because they know they have a very large loyal Sony console owning fanbase. They can' t be sure that Final Fantasy would sell on Microsoft' s consoles and so would only release spin-offs or different franshises instead.

You say that...

CAPCOM seeks to help SONY´s market share to grow because that way they´ll have a strong fanbase there, a fanbase that will follow then everyway they go because they have a relatioship.

...which is idiocy. In the previous generation CAPCOM showed Nintendo just as much (at one point even more) support than they did Sony, releasing an awesome re-make of the original Resident Evil, then Resident Evil Zero, and then Killer 7 & Resident Evil 4 which were originally Nintendo exclusives.

The reason CAPCOM broke the exclusivity deal and released Killer 7 and Resident Evil 4 on Playstation 2 is because Gamecube wasn' t doing anywhere near as well as Sony' s machine and CAPCOM knew they' d make more money from releasing PS2 ports of those games than it would cost them to break their deal with Nintendo. CAPCOM went where the money was.

Right now CAPCOM have more games in development for Xbox 360 than they do for PS3. Dead Rising and Lost Planet are exclusive titles for Microsoft whereas Sony will get Devil May Cry 4 and both consoles will get Resident Evil 5.

Microsoft has (and will likely have until 2008) the bigger userbase and CAPCOM don' t know how well Sony' s console will sell due to it' s high price and how long the inevitable stock shortages will last (it was 6 months for PS2) and the high cost of development. Right now, Xbox 360 is the " safer" option.

Exclusivity deals made for big 3rd party games like MGS4 or Gears of War and while part of the decision will be down to how much money is offered to the developer/publisher, a bigger part is the developer taking into account which platform will yield higher sales. Exclusive titles generally sell in much larger figures than multi-platform titles too.
fernandino

RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 28, 2006 17:05
Majik u are rigth in some things, but i will say it again, there is still partnership in videogames, im sure of it, now capcom does care about profit like every one else, but there are some key titles that they will never offer to other compañy because they resemble a link betwen those companies, DMC is one such title, i mean its not like they wont get any extra money out of the agreements, they will but its not nearly as much as the game deserves, or as much as they could have gotten by talking to MS by instance, but thats just the way it is, SONY supports CAPCOM as well, just to give u an example Capcom is God of War publisher in Japan and they got an special deal for it, there are some companies that just healp each other, thats just the way it is.

Of course not all exclusive games come out of good relations, most of the games as u guys said it come from agreements, so i wont say that u are wrong, but i guess time will tell, ifor one im possitive thet DMC wont come near the 360 ever,
< Message edited by fernandino -- 28 Jul 06 9:08:15 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 28, 2006 20:36
But you DO realise that there IS talk about a DMC game being released on Xbox 360 and that Devil May Cry 3 SE has already been released on the PC?!
fernandino

RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 29, 2006 02:57

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

But you DO realise that there IS talk about a DMC game being released on Xbox 360 and that Devil May Cry 3 SE has already been released on the PC?!

i guess thats what they say, but such statements havent been confirmed or posted by any major videogame news website, beeing such big news as it is they sould be there by now, by instance the very same day that THQ delayed the PS3 version of SmackDown vs Raw the news were everywere, the same whit Endless Saga, so why is this time diferent, i mean DMC is alot bigger than the other 2 and SONY losing it are HUGE news so why is not everywere? guess that was just bogus

As for DMC3: SE on the PC thats just cool, the game sold many PS2´s and the game itself sold pretty well, so thats it, its either let the title die or port it to another platform, since the game has no more value for SONY they do what is best for CAPCOM, by the way is the DMC3: SE port for the PC being published by CAPCOM or Ubisoft??? i ask since the RE4 port is UBISOFT´s work
< Message edited by fernandino -- 28 Jul 06 19:04:47 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 29, 2006 03:05
...garbage...
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 29, 2006 07:35
I dont like DMC....
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: DMC4 to 360 and wii but not to ps3! - Jul 31, 2006 07:38
i dont like it either and i doubt it will be on the 360 and wii but not the PS3, but its possible. if u look at it ppl said the same thing about smackdown vs raw 2007 but its not goin to PS3

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll