Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wireless router trouble
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
Wireless router trouble - Dec 26, 2005 18:17
O.k. I just spent about 300 dollars on the wireless xbox 360 adapter and a dgl 4300 wireless router. Guess what? they don' t fucking like eachother. Whenever I test connection through live the IP connection fails, WTF. I have no idea how to fix this, anyone have any ideas? I have bell sympatico high speed.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Wireless router trouble - Dec 27, 2005 12:46
a little more info please. I have a router (not wireless) which I' ve connected to my xbox. Anyway, my point is, are you sure you have the right ip? is it 192.168.0.1????
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Wireless router trouble - Dec 27, 2005 14:45
Did you just set this up? For instance, you need to go in and change some settings on the router. It may be firewalled and not accept Xbox360' s feable attempt to connect. OR you may have to set the server to accept connections and drop the security function. Most wireless have thier own security option to setup your password and ip address crap. It may that Xbox360 is not compatible to the security options of the wireless server. So, go into your settings and just set the barebones of running a wireless server. Even tho, you' re gonna have others drop in and use your connection. If you can get the barebones working then, gradually move up on the security options and see if it is that problem. If it' s that problem well, see if you can get a patch or take it back and get another compatible or recommended Microsoft Xbox360 wireless router.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Wireless router trouble - Dec 29, 2005 16:26
Also you may need to tell the router your 360' s MAC address. I had that trouble. it' s in the settings somewhere. I got it all sorted on day one and have had minimal trouble with it all. For some reason today the connection was a bit patchy but it' s sorted itself out.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll