Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Controllers
drew93084

• Total Posts : 114
Controllers - Feb 24, 2003 03:11
What' s the most comfortable controllers you' ve had the pleasure of using?

1. 6 button Genesis...not too many button and not overly complicated

2. XBOX Controller S... a DC rip off but a great one

3. DC

4 PS/PS2- lots of buttons and small
Peter Skerritt

• Total Posts : 11
RE: Controllers - Feb 24, 2003 04:41
1. PSX / PS2 Dual Shock design: I' ve grown accoustomed to this design and it feels the most comfortable of any controller design since 1995.

2. NES Controller: Simplicity at its finest. One D-Pad... two buttons. The " dogbone" style of this controller is more ergonomically correct, but I like both styles.

3. SNES Controller: Four solid face buttons and two less-comfortable trigger buttons (which tended to break down after extended use). Still, it had a good feel and seems to have been the influence behind Sony' s controller design.
< Message edited by Peter Skerritt -- 2/24/2003 12:41:57 AM >
WKD

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Controllers - Feb 24, 2003 17:30
1. GameCube. This pad just melts into your hands.

2. Contoller S. After playing a few hours of Halo, I just can' t use the PS2 pad.

3. N64. The Z button was genious.
shade

• Total Posts : 77
RE: Controllers - Feb 24, 2003 17:36
Gamecube has the best ergonomicaly designed controllers ever ..

But now everything feels like a featherweight bit of plastic in comparison to the sturdyness of an XBox controller ..
Wardo

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Controllers - Feb 24, 2003 18:10
Nothing is better than the PS2 controller, IMO. It' s just perfect for my hands. I would say the XBox controller as well if it weren' t for the buttons. I can' t stand them.
Kabuki Magnifico

• Total Posts : 24
RE: Controllers - Feb 24, 2003 23:34
ps1/ps2 controller is the most comfortable. that' s all that really matter for me
Eman1080

• Total Posts : 77
RE: Controllers - Feb 25, 2003 00:13
1:Xbox S

2:Dreamcast
MattThomas

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Controllers - Feb 25, 2003 00:41
I loved the SNES controller back in the day, I think it' s easily the best of its time. As for these days, Im going to have to second the Xbox notion, both Controller S and original model wise. I simply love the way both controllers feel... I also enjoyed the Dreamcast game pad, by the way. However, I can' t agree on the PS2/PSX controllers being at the same level as either the Xbox or Dreamcast ones. I always get cramps with Sony' s models, and although I owned a PSX and had a blast with it for a long time, the acking just killed experiences time and time again. It was alright, but I wouldn' t compare it to the other controller pads competitors have to offer right now.

In a simplistic list of best controller pads out there:

- Xbox
- SNES
- Dreamcast
KK

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Controllers - Feb 25, 2003 15:45
1 - Dreamcast (perfect after I' d used the Saturn analogue for so long)
2 - Xbox (just a copy of the Dreamcast, essentially)
3 - Saturn analogue (nice and chunky)
4 - Jaguar (amazingly enough, though it looked like a box with far too many buttons, it was actually quite comfortable)
5 - Saturn 2nd controller (possibly the best pad ever for beat-em-ups)
6 - Megadrive (nice size, did everything, no complaints)
7 - GameCube (fits nicely, but sometimes I feel I' m going to break the shoulder buttons)
8 - SNES (felt a bit small and complex back then, but now just feels small)
9 - PlayStation/PS2 (weird, small but chunky, and I cannot stand the buttons)
10 - Saturn original (what the hell where they thinking?!?)
11 - NES (small, two action buttons, a pause and a SELECT, but still too small and uncomfortable)
12 - Master System (like the NES, but even less comfortable, and less buttons so you had to go to the console to pause it)
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Controllers - Mar 09, 2003 17:33
Well I did a qiuck bit on pad evolution back on GW a couple of years back.
Without doubt the SNES was a real step foward, followed by the Playstation, then PS2.
Other controllers have had some nice ideas, but when it comes down to it these 3 have been pratical in every way.
BigRedMachine

• Total Posts : 127
RE: Controllers - Mar 10, 2003 17:44
SNES are the best IMO.

And I' ve so gotten used to the PS2 controllers that they are very comfortable too.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Controllers - Mar 10, 2003 20:14
PSX/PS2 controllers are the best ever designed, IMO.

The SNES controller runs a close second though, and I really like the S-Controller for the XBox. Ones I really hate are the original XBox, DC and GC controllers...uugh.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Controllers - Mar 10, 2003 20:57
Now if you want to just go by comfort the GC controller wins that contest hands down. With that being said it' s not the best designed controller for anything though, only a few games really work well on that pad. The S-Class and PS2 controllers are the best control wise, offering a nice combination of comfort and control. I will say though that I prefer the Xbox controller over the PS2 for certain games, FPS' s for sure. But I also think the PS2 controller is a lot better for fighting games and sports titles. May be just me though...
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Controllers - Mar 22, 2003 22:59
The dreamcast is perfect for me, but thats probably due to the endless hours i spent using that pad!
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Controllers - Mar 29, 2003 16:44
DC pad? I just can' t see it myself? its ok for driving and platform games but for beat' em ups

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll