Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mortal Kombat Next Gen
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 13, 2006 15:08
I thought they burried the MK series along time ago.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 13, 2006 15:46
My thoughts exactly. MK has been utterly pitiful ever since the snes days. I can' t see how new characters are going to save it.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 13, 2006 15:58
I don' t mind it. The fact is as much as people will bash on MK almost every one of the games feels apart from the other (That is a good thing!) take Tekken 3, I loved that game to death...4 I hated because it was 3 rehashed with better graphics and a few new faces. DOA...ever since 2 they haven' t really changed the formula much...disappointed in that franchise. At least MK brings more than just a fighting game when you purchase them (Also each character is unique unlike the Ryu and Ken formula).

I' m glad they are moving forward with the plot, but I strongly doubt Boon will get rid of Scorpion...he is immortal for one on top of that Scorpion has become the Fan-fave (Yeah, Liu Kang was killed off I know :/). We' ll see what the next gen holds for the franchise.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 13, 2006 17:22
Mortal Kombat = MEH
Mortal Kombat II = COOL
Mortal Kombat 3 = MEH
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 = COOL
Mortal Kombat Trilogy = MEH
Mortal Kombat 4 = MEH
Mortal Kombat Gold = MEH
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance = MEH
Mortal Kombat Deception = COOL

Now, it' s not a fighting game but Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks is awesome. Since they' re recycling the engine for Armageddon i' ll be buying just one more MK game before the next gen version.

If they get rid of Scorpion i' ll be pissed! Some of the characters definately do need killing off, just like the retarded mini-games, ...but Scorpion, Kung Lau and Sub Zero need to stay!

dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 13, 2006 17:23
Mortal konbat has to be my most disappointing franchise cash cow. The last game where they tried to include every other character they' ve ever had was just ridiculous. Saying that I do find myself buying their games because it is the first ever games iv' e ever played on a snes but now it just doesn' t give me the same feelin git use to so I think they should just kill it. It' s lost it' s flare to me. Also the story just seems weak now. I would just like for someone like bungie to come up with a new fighting game.

Also if they' re making everything new why call it mortal kombat still?.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 13 Sep 06 9:27:40 >
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 13, 2006 17:39
I gave up on Mortal Kombat after playing Deadly Alliance and deception. The gameplay was alright, but I thought the character designs sucked and the style simply didn' t match with the older enstallments.

The story also didn' t gel too well with the older games, and I felt that with Tobias gone much of the soul of the franchise had gone also.

I loved arcade MK1 to UMK3, SNES MK2, MD MK3 and UMK3, and thought MK4 was just okay. Problem with 4 I found is that the game required no skill or tactical approach to winning.

A more traditional look is in order for next-gen MK I think. Less focus on shiny gothic looking characters and more on the martial arts side of things with a dash of fantasy.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 19, 2006 07:31
I didnt really like the MK games that much. i realized i was spending all that money for the same game except the charachters had different costumes. i just played to watch the fatalities
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 20, 2006 03:49
Yeah my Problem with the MK series is the character designs. They look so damn ugly. And the fight system just didn' t feel complete in deadly alliance and deception. Lets hope the next gen verions sort these issues out. At least make the girls look like girls.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mortal Kombat Next Gen - Sep 24, 2006 10:57

Yeah my Problem with the MK series is the character designs. They look so damn ugly. And the fight system just didn' t feel complete in deadly alliance and deception. Lets hope the next gen verions sort these issues out. At least make the girls look like girls.

Those were girls?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message