Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone else played on PS3 yet?
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
Anyone else played on PS3 yet? - Nov 10, 2006 07:32
I played motorstorm at a booth and was unimpressed, the graphics are garbage. Although it did have a pretty good framerate, the textures on the cars themselves, specially underneath were disgusting. I also didn' t know what the fuck I was doing, I couldn' t drive for more than 15 seconds without falling off a cliff and wrecking my car.

The controller is the same shit as PS2, literally, which is what I expected.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 9 Nov 06 23:33:06 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Anyone else played on PS3 yet? - Nov 10, 2006 07:34
and where the hell did you play in those booths?? JAPAN? as far as i know there are none in the US yet.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Anyone else played on PS3 yet? - Nov 10, 2006 07:35

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

I played motorstorm at a booth and was unimpressed, the graphics are garbage. Although it did have a pretty good framerate, the textures on the cars themselves, specially underneath were disgusting. I also didn' t know what the fuck I was doing, I couldn' t drive for more than 15 seconds without falling off a cliff and wrecking my car.

The controller is the same shit as PS2, literally, which is what I expected.

Did you play anything else?!

and where the hell did you play in those booths?? JAPAN? as far as i know there are none in the US yet.

There are loads throughout the country. Evil lives in New York and they have PS3' s in stores there.
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 9 Nov 06 23:36:02 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Anyone else played on PS3 yet? - Nov 10, 2006 07:37
i see
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Anyone else played on PS3 yet? - Nov 10, 2006 07:41
I played it at Target, they' ve had it since monday but I just heard about it yesterday and went to check it out. I haven' t heard of any other places having it, I went to EB like 2 hours ago to pick up GoW and even they didn' t have PS3 booths.

And no they didn' t have anything else running on the PS3, and motorstorm seemed buggy as hell, isn' t that supposed to come out in 2007? Why are they putting demos of that for launch?, I would have liked to play resistance.

The PS3 was on a see-through glass case and damn it' s really fucking huge when you see it in person.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 9 Nov 06 23:44:33 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Anyone else played on PS3 yet? - Nov 10, 2006 07:47
I hear a lot of people are having problems with MotorStorm because of its very sensitive use of the sixaxis controller. I have read on the internet (the bastion of truth) that driving games are probably not a good use of motion-sensing controllers. I have heard similar things about Wii' s Excite Truck.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Anyone else played on PS3 yet? - Nov 10, 2006 08:12
The wii controller is totally different affair, ill doubt nintendo would never release a game if it did not play 100% to their usual standard.. their Q&A dont mess about.

I think its a simple case of the wiimote not being set up properly. Matt from IGN actually mentioned that it makes all the dfference if the wimote is properly configured.

From editors who have had Excite truck in their offices (and must of had time to properly configure) ive only heard how fun the game it to play on the wiimote.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Anyone else played on PS3 yet? - Nov 10, 2006 10:29

I have heard similar things about Wii' s Excite Truck.
It' s UBER sensitive for a short while, but you hit the edge of possible turning ability within about 2 inches of you turning the Wiimote. I haven' t seen if I can adjust sensitivity yet for it, but I set the Wiimote sensitivity to 1, & the steering was still set to a very sharp curve.

From editors who have had Excite truck in their offices (and must of had time to properly configure) ive only heard how fun the game it to play on the wiimote.
Nintendo could have come up with a much better title to be in kiosks. How about Wii-Sports FFS? Now that sounds like fun.

Back on topic.

I' ll call my Target tomorrow, see if they have one. It' d be interesting just to go & play.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll