Chrnicles of Riddick

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 18, 2004 05:23
Has anyone been able to sit through this movie in its entirety? Everyone I know has walked out because it was so bad. Of course Vin Deisel' s presence will harm any movie, but I guess this one supposedly takes the cake.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 18, 2004 05:31
lol, it' s kind of funny that when I saw the trailer for the movie I sat up and took notice during the early portions of the trailer and was really interested, but then I heard Vin Diesel' s voice and I just slumped back down into my chair.

I like Diesel in some of his other movies like XXX and The Fast and the Furious but he sounds REALLY dumb in the Chromosomes of Riddick. He kept spouting out a bunch of stupid sounding one liners in the previews/trailers.

Joe Redifer
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 18, 2004 05:37
One liners enhance any movie going experience. The more one liners, the better the movie is. It helps because usually the plot is thin or nonexistent.

Usually you can tell a movie is going to be bad just by the trailer. Does it have a " zinger" at the end? You know, right after the movie title and/or date, one last thing blasts in your face really quick or a funny one liner is delivered before going to a 100% black screen and ending. 95% of the time, this means the movie will suck ass.

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 18, 2004 20:31
I watched the movie last night and it was a good film...not great by any standards but if you like action movies then you' ll probably like this. I mean, if you liked Fast and the Furious and XXX then you should have no problem with this movie because it' s better than both of those. The art direction in the movie is pretty damn good setting up some really nice locales, and even better visuals of the locales.

panzer_baiken
  • Total Posts : 83
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 18, 2004 21:14
i saw it the day it was released. it was pretty good, though the story sucked and the bad guys were laughable.
A fate brings its will back to the original place and awakens the first
conscience engraved on the deep valley of memory. This is what drives Ikaruga...

MuteCity
  • Total Posts : 159
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 18, 2004 22:55
I don' t think I have ever walked out on a movie and this one was no exception. It was garbage....I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait it out but alas. I am getting sick of movies like this where I just keep waiting for something interesting to happen to turn the story around but it never does...why the heck did they keep the movie on the Crematoria planet for so long? He went there to meet Jack...other than that I didn' t really see what it had to do with the storyline.

They had some good ideas...the furion vs. the necromongers...why the hell didn' t they develop that more? I think making a story with the other 2 characters from the previous movie was a mistake, they added nothing...it was just a bad idea to build off of.

It also seemed like there were one too many times in the movie where Vin was being showcased....seemed much less subtle than Pitch Black and much less believable to me.

Man, I am tired of being suckered into horrible sequels.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 19, 2004 04:35
Wow, bad timing for my new Riddick avatar.

Haters, LOL.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Russian Mobster
  • Total Posts : 357
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 19, 2004 21:09
Y does everyone write bad things about this movie???

The story was awesome,the special effects were crazzy the actors/acting was good.

This is one of the best movies ive seen.

+This is the best Vin Diesel movie ever.
XBL Gamertag:RUSSIAN mobster
XBL Games:Splinter Cell:PT,PGR2,Mech Assault, Crimson Skies, MM3, DDR, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, NFL2k3, Moto GP, Tetris,RalliSport Challenge 2,HALO 2.

Joe Redifer
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 19, 2004 23:05

Y does everyone write bad things about this movie???

First of all, would it kill you to type the extra two letters that go into the word " Why" ?

Secondly, I think your last point loosely answers the question you asked in your first sentence. It has Vin Deisel in it. :)

Russian Mobster
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 19, 2004 23:11
And what is wrong with vin diesel????

XBL Games:Splinter Cell:PT,PGR2,Mech Assault, Crimson Skies, MM3, DDR, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, NFL2k3, Moto GP, Tetris,RalliSport Challenge 2,HALO 2.

Joe Redifer
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 20, 2004 01:57
Basically that fact that he IS Vin Diesel. :)

Russian Mobster
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 20, 2004 02:15
so u hate him and thats y u say his movies are bad,when they are actually really good????

panzer_baiken
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 20, 2004 03:02
don' t kid yourself; the storyline sucked. we' ve seen it all before- an alien race tries to conquer the universe, but ONE GUY has to stop them, blah blah blah.
conscience engraved on the deep valley of memory. This is what drives Ikaruga...

Joe Redifer
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 20, 2004 03:39
I' ve never cared for Vin diesel as an actor, no. All of the movies I have seen him in have sucked ass (save for Ryan' s Privates) and he comes off as having an IQ of about 24 onscreen, and his voice is fairly unpleasant to listen to. Plus that man is right UGLY! Only good looking people are supposed to be allowed in front of the cameras! :P

Russian Mobster
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 20, 2004 07:28

don' t kid yourself; the storyline sucked.

The Storyline didnt suck.

we' ve seen it all before- an alien race tries to conquer the universe, but ONE GUY has to stop them, blah blah blah

And your point is???

+Have u seen Pitch Black???
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 6/20/2004 7:29:25 AM >

immortaldanmx
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 20, 2004 19:32
I think its not original, but it does everything so well that its good.

And Joe, we cant talk anymore if youre checking out dudes on the big screen. LOL

Seriously though, I liked it, if you' ve played the game and seen Pitch black the story does mean something. Just give it a try.

Joe Redifer
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 20, 2004 23:18

And Joe, we cant talk anymore if youre checking out dudes on the big screen. LOL

Ha ha! Not like THAT. Ew.

MuteCity
  • Total Posts : 159
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 21, 2004 15:24
I don' t dislike Vin Diesel at all...I liked Pitch Black. And I also enjoyed his performance in Boiler Room. I just hope he does something else with his career besides being the next last action hero in every one of his movies.

panzer_baiken
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 21, 2004 22:00
i have seen pitch black, and i still say the story for riddick sucks. oh, wait, if it sounds better let me put it this way: it was wholly unoriginal. i only played the the demo of the game.

immortaldanmx
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 22, 2004 23:49
Do you not realize that there is no such thing as an " original movie" . Every movie genre has been done. If a movie has to be original to be good, then no Drama, Romance, or Action move will ever be good in your opinion because it has ALL been done before. As far as plots, at least it' s not " Aliens have landed, group of commandos and a scientist must stop them, or they will kill everyone! And then there is a happy ending which involves 2 people hooking up." So, next time you see an original movie, post it.

And also, that is like you saying that Alien vs. Predator will suck because " It' s all been done before" (Godzilla vs. King Kong, anyone?). I think many people here are saying it " sucked" due to a biased against Vin Diesle, whom, I admit, is not the best actor, but does fairly well in this movie. And please, let' s not say that the storyline " sucked" , we don' t need another 4 pages arguing " Fact vs. Opinion" and " Objective vs. Subjective" . IMO, and apparently that of Russians, it was good, and apparently good enough to make $42,498,480, which is more than Garfield, and was still shown in almost 500 less theatres. And if you dont believe my numbers: http://movies.yahoo.com/boxoffice/latest/rank.aspx

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Chrnicles of Riddick - Jun 29, 2004 03:26
I liked the whole thing with the Riddik series. It' s not the most origional, but like said above it was done pretty good. I' m no Vin fan, but he has his moments.

Altho most won' t get the full story of Riddik unless you first play the game, then watch Pitch Black, then Dark Fury, then CoR, and then wait out for the 2 or 3 future releases. So many wont enjoy it as much, as it takes so much to get the whole picture.

Im just rambling but owell...neways I think Vin fits the role of Riddik fairly well. blah balh blah...ahg im just talking now....I shall stop....in a bit...

good vin movies:
Pitch Black
Saving Private Ryan
Boiler Room
A Man Apart

Want some tacos...