Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Put The Videogame $$ Fight Where It Belongs...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Put The Videogame $$ Fight Where It Belongs... - Sep 06, 2004 01:37
You' re welcome, fathoms...

Your argument was for me to find ANY titles in the genres mentioned...and that I did for ALL of the genres!

The difficulty here is that you could say that ANY of the titles I chose are cow dung, and I would never be able to prove to you that you do have choices.

It appears, as I read more of your postings, that what you are telling me is that you are unhappy with PC gaming as a whole. The solution...get yourself a console, whether it be a GC, PS2, or XBOX and enjoy what the consoles offer. PC gaming is so sophisticated as it is, because each PCs configuration could be a total mis-match for the hardware requirements of a particular piece of software.

I do understand that you believe that if the big three create a unified console things will go the way you feel about the current PC market...that I understand clearly.

I' m not too sure that' s the way things would work out, but it is a sound foundation to base your argument on... since the PC is considered a somewhat unified gaming system.

That' s why I choose to game on my XBOX and not my PC.

For those of you that chimed in at the last minute...thank you for your input.

As for you, fathoms, I have all the respect for you in this world. Thank you for having the ba**s to stand up and make your opinions known.

I hope that you find the type of games you like on a console...be it now or next-gen.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/6/2004 1:45:53 AM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Put The Videogame $$ Fight Where It Belongs... - Sep 06, 2004 06:32
Thank you. Opinions are fine things to have; dangerous if forced on others, but useless if not communicated properly.

It' s true; in re-reading, I did ask you to find " any" titles, and that was a mistake on my part. I' m well aware of most all the titles you found, and I meant to ask something very different. As for the games you listed, the vast majority consider the PC-exclusive titles to be mediocre at best (check GameRankings).

And yes, I' m very worried of seeing a unified console facing the exact same problems the PC is facing. It' s in a five-year rut, and it shows no sign of ending (in 2004, the ONLY games worth mentioning come from ONE genre, and THAT is a bad sign, being so late in the year already, and only more FPS on the horizon). A unified console...no, I just think that innovation goes out the window and stagnation is inevitable.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message