Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Things in games that really ANNOY you
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Things in games that really ANNOY you - Aug 06, 2004 17:58
Things that annoy me in games:

-Not enough attention devoted to the music/sound aspects of the game.

-Lack of progressive scan. I don' t understand why some games don' t have this. It' s like 6 extra lines of code and no extra processing power required. Lazy ass programmers.

-Lack of 16:9 widescreen.

-Save points that are few and far between. Like in an RPG you save, go through a loooong sequence of unskippable events, get thrust right into battle without the chance to save, lose, and then have to resume from your last save point and watch all that crap over again. Bad design! Suikoden III I am looking at you! That is the reason I quite literally stopped playing that game.

-Cheap enemies. Cheap is not challenging! It' s cheap!

-The " X-Treme" attitude of some games.

-Repetitive voices. Seriously, how damn often do I need to hear " Just go for it!" in Viewtiful Joe? Or how about " I' m fully airbooooooorn!!!" in Downhill Domination (which also goes hand in hand with the X-Treme attitude)? The people in charge of the sound for these games should have their skin peeled off, sprinkled with salt, and then shot in the groin. Amazingly, the " Get Ready" in Space Harrier doesn' t bother me. Maybe because I rarely die.

-Games that feature online modes and seriously underdeveloped single player modes. I get tired of online gaming rather quickly. Crimson Skies actually has a better single player mode than it' s online mode... and it' s online mode is great!

-Games that claim to be RPGs, but are nothing more than a)Battles b)Puzzles c)Buying crap in a shop d)" Missions" which involve nothing more than getting from point A to point B. Oh wait... that' s almost EVERY RPG! No wonder I hate the genre with a passion. It sucks!

-Fighting game moves in non-fighting games. Jet Set Radio for the Dreamcast is extremely guilty of this. If I want to do a Dragon Punch, I' ll play Street Fighter.

-Slow pacing in action games. I get quite bored in action games when I am on the same screen for too long. Viewtiful Joe I am looking at you. I still cannot understand what people see in this game. Graphics are nice but that' s where it ends.

What aspects of games annoy you?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message