Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Sep 26, 2004 02:08
Take a gander at the official GTA San Andreas site and you' ll notice a bit of an update. Not only has info on San Fierro been added but there' s a cool new action packed trailer. Take a gander round the ' State Patrol' section for screenshots and short movies showing off other parts of the game. Of particular interest is the 30 second video showing Mount Chiliad as a plane flys by it! Its frickin' huuuuuge!

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas

Suddenly I' m very excited.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Sep 26, 2004 18:30
I was really excited for this game about a year ago, when all I knew about it was tiny tidbits let out by rockstar. At the time I thought it was going to be a vice city clone in a new time era, and I was still excited.

After reading the newest update from this website about the game, I just cannot wait for this game to come out. Saying it looks 5 times better than even the xbox version of vice city is reason enough to gain interest. But, it' s not like the only updates are in the graphics. This game is at the top of my list
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Sep 26, 2004 23:37
The XBOX version of Vice City looked like shit.It looked way better then PS2 but it still looked like shit.And if they will ever Bring GTA SA to XBOX,atleast make the Graphics to the XBOX standards.
Bling

• Total Posts : 67
RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 01, 2004 05:23
Oh my god
youre right paul,that thing is frickin huge!
i bet you anythin that theres a hidden package at the top

and wat about game doin a voice in the game?
i dint know that but cool
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 04, 2004 02:45
This game is going to be amazing and huge.

Check this site out it has all the latest news about it:

www.planetgta.com
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 04, 2004 03:04
I dunno. The graphics don' t really look very good. I' m forced to agree with Russian Mobster. Perhaps the graphics had to be sacrificed to have cities that are so large, etc.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10/4/2004 3:05:45 AM >
whatabout_paul

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 04, 2004 14:48
Ah, I agree. The graphics while looking pretty aren' t going to be the most spectacular part of the game. There are previews out there overestimation how good the graphics will be. I' ll be happy with something that looks just an improvement on Vice City visually.

Did anyone else hate the blur used in Vice City? It gave the game a nice lighting effect but was a pain in the ass when driving around at speed. Here' s hoping if they use something similar to enhance the graphics they lessen its annoying-ness!
Reznor

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 04, 2004 15:28
I read some where that the graphics are going to look five times better than the xbox version of vice city.

I didn' t mind the blur that much because you can turn it on and off when ever you want.
< Message edited by reznor -- 10/4/2004 3:30:14 PM >
whatabout_paul

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 04, 2004 15:33
Thankfully yes, you could turn it off like I did after 5 mins of playing.

5x better looking than X-Box Vice City is one hell of an exaggeration I' m willing to bet. All we' ve seen are carefully selected screens so it' s hard to tell until some websites get hold of a preview or possibly review copy and post their own pictures.
Reznor

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 04, 2004 15:46
Very sorry!

San Andreas is five times bigger than Vice city.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 04, 2004 17:19
I wonder if " GTA San Andreas" uses a modified Grand Theft Auto 3 engine like Vice City does OR if it' s a new engine. I' m thinking the former but who knows.
Reznor

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 04, 2004 20:02
It uses the same engine as GTA 3 and Vice City.

http://www.tech-forums.net/computer/topic/12815.aspx
Russian Mobster

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 05, 2004 22:43
San Andreas looks really big but that meens alot of long loading.

+I dont think the 3 cities in GTA SA will be bigger or look more realistic then those in DRIV3R.

< Message edited by russian mobster -- 10/5/2004 10:44:06 PM >
Reznor

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 06, 2004 00:16
According to Gamespy there is no loading when you go from city to city or place to place.
Russian Mobster

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 06, 2004 01:56
i wont beleive that untill i play the game.

Because if they needed loading in GTA VC and GTA3 when going to next part of the city,then they will need way more loading in GTA SA.
whatabout_paul

RE: GTA San Andreas ' State Patrol' gets an update + new trailer! - Oct 07, 2004 00:22
Thats another thing I' m quite sceptical about. There is meant to be a short loading time when entering a building but being able to wonder freely across an entire state seems impossible to imagine. If they can pull it off that' ll be great.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll