Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 01, 2006 21:11
Anyone looking to give GTA' s younger but more extravagant looking sister a
download, it IS available...

Dead Rising demo in next 48 hours??

Gory confirmation here..

Wow, it' s been a great summer of demo' s hasn' t it?
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 01, 2006 21:19
Ooooooo exciting.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 01, 2006 21:27
I couldn' t care less about Saints Row but the Dead rising demo will be getting downloaded and played excessively!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 01, 2006 21:59
Saints Row = No thanks.

Cant wait to try dead rising.
Tiz

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 01, 2006 23:25

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Saints Row = No thanks.

Cant wait to try dead rising.

I think there' s a tad of motion blur in Dead Rising.... Not your style.

I' m just joking Rabbit Man

I forgot to celebrate reaching 1000 posts..
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 01, 2006 23:26

Oh no!!! we must arm ourselves people!!!!
Tiz

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 01, 2006 23:36
I got a Wiimote for full immersion and accurate kills on zombies.

A copy of Genji 2 for maximum damage, against zombie crabs.

Finally, I have a wireless steering wheel for wireless access to escape just in
case the Dead Rising is too much for us.. Yes I ride shotgun too..
Nitro

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 01, 2006 23:37

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Oh no!!! we must arm ourselves people!!!!

Well it was Capcom who confirmed the demo would be up this week. That' s probably a reliable source.

As for the demo itself, the one they had at E3 went down exceptionally well with the guys in the press who got to play it. With it being a very nice looking (both in terms of visuals and gameplay) Capcom developed title (aren' t they Japanese?!) then expectations are bound to be high.

I detect a hint of jealousy.
Tiz

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 00:56
Who wouldn' t be?? I mean seriously... The amount of stuff that is happening
in the new video, I can see this being the first time I ever visit a mall, and officially
pick up everything.

" Er, how much for the couch?"

Store clerk: " EEEuuurreeeaaarggh-argh"

What?! ZAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Speak properly!

Then I' ll throw the couch on his head...

*Thread idea imminent*
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 01:23
Must eat braaaaiiiins and steal all Xbox 360yyyys!!!

*Grabs Tiz with one hand and reaches for 360 with the other*
Tiz

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 01:27
Geez... That sure is some strength you have there Marink....

*Grabs Tiz with one hand and reaches for 360 with the other*
< Message edited by Tiz -- 1 Aug 06 17:32:22 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 02:03
erm.. i think there was something in Tiz' s baking...

It was quite funny tho, i have a sun shadow across my face when i re-load, having fallen about 2 miles below the city after a pretty bad crash....

not really my cup of tea, but worth downloading for a giggle for ten mins.

anyone get a better glitch than this? Reminds me of my QA days!

Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 02:09
Saints Row and Dead Rising in the same week, teh sweetness, teh sweetness...
Tiz

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 03:55
Playing the demo now... I think it' s GTA with substance and better graphics, but
like me and GTA, I' ll have fun for about an hour, and then I' ll drop it and say it' s scum..
Tiz

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 06:20
Ahhh. that was a fun... 2hours of Saints Row... I can' t get above 3 stars and after
a while, the game officially bore me to death... Selective custom soundtracks
allow for humorous moments like " Move b!tch, get out da way!" and Dmx " Up in
Here" make it have a bit more depth, graphics are nice in places, the framerate is
atrocious with noticeable drops , in some areas I think the framerate shoots to 60,
so it' s not capped.

This really is a GTA clone, now I need to blow up that Gorramn train..

SO it' s back to the 99 Nights demo, and then eagerly awaiting the Dead Rising
demo..
Nitro

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 06:51
I downloaded and played it for 20 minutes to see why everybody is getting worked up about the game and like GTA it' s fucking pathetic. It' s actually even MORE pathetic than GTA.

I hate this kind of game and i despise the GTA series but i have always noted that GTA3, San Andreas and LCS were massive technical achievements.

At least Rockstar managed to impress with Manhunt and the AWESOME R* Presents Table Tennis. I might even consider looking at VCS for PSP when it is released, but Saints Row is dreadful!

I can almost see the appeal of the online play and customization options but it' s not my type of game. Roll on the Dead Rising demo!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 16:01
The great thing aboout this demo, is the people who only like to play GTA style games, can do it with the demo for free, simply just blow stuff up, and the delete the demo, thats just great!
prodygee

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 17:34
Well, the demo will be out in september..

Saints Row demo > ARGH! Just.. hmfg, this demo is the E3 demo! It' s frickin' months old, so don' t complain about bugs and shit or framerate problems or ANYTHING! Just go to www.xboxyde.com and download the newest saints row movie. It' s recorded by some guy himself, you' ll see the framerate will be as smooth as a knife through butter in the full version.
< Message edited by prodygee -- 2 Aug 06 9:38:18 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 18:30
hmmm, that begs the question, with their high standards often delaying XBLA releases why let one out with issues?

Unless your going to put a warning screen at the start saying " work in progress " or similar people will draw conclusions... well at least its looking better for those that are interested in it.
Tiz

RE: Saints Row Demo on Market place. Dead Rising in next 48 hours? - Aug 02, 2006 18:50
Well, framerate issues aside, the game is purely a mirrored GTA attempt, the only
fun thing is mowing down pedestrians on the side walk.

This will please fans of this kind of game, but it' s just too linear for me and does
nothing different.. Now, make a sword an optional weapon, and I may batter
an eyelid.

The demo was too short, and there weren' t enough areas to explore, often during
a high speed chase, I found myself driving straight into a giant red wall that
had " Demo" plastered all over it..

Seriously, let the Dead Rise now, and whilst your waiting, get some hurricane kicks
and blanka rolls in on street fighter HF...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message