Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead rising shuffles a lot...
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
Dead rising shuffles a lot... - Aug 30, 2006 18:07

Capcom announced today thatit has shipped more than 500,000 units of Dead Rising within the first two weeks of its launch.

In a press release prepared for the announcement, Charles Bellfield, vice president, marketing, Capcom Entertainment said:

“Response to Dead Rising from the trade, press and consumers has been tremendous. The success of the game is a result of Capcom’s recognition of Xbox 360 system’s possibilities and starting development early on in order to deliver such a high-quality game.”

Dead Rising released on August 8 in North America and it is scheduled to release on September 8 in Europe and on September 28 in Japan. The game carries an “M” rating for mature audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board).

In preparation for the next generation transition, in 2005 Capcom concentrated on creating titles for foreign markets while seeking to improve its marketing, sales and business operations functions in North America. Dead Rising’s early success is attributable to these changes and Capcom’s foresighted philosophy of embracing next generation development to yield a high quality title with worldwide appeal. As a result, Dead Rising is also the fastest selling next generation title for a Japanese publisher.

Dead Rising is an action horror game that follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance photojournalist in pursuit of the story of a lifetime. What he finds is a small suburban town completely overrun by zombies. He seeks refuge in the local shopping mall, but soon learns it is far from the safe haven he had thought.

Dead Rising takes place over 72 hours, during which Frank must unravel the mystery behind the catastrophe and survive the dangerous swarm of enemies that lie in wait. The unprecedented level of freedom provides players with a vast array of gameplay possibilities to do anything and everything they’ve wanted to do in a mall. Hundreds of unique objects can be used as weapons to fend off the hordes of zombies - everything from golf clubs and baseball bats to cash registers and stuffed animals. Additional outfits for use in-game are available for free download on Xbox Live Marketplace, and there are plenty of other options to customize Xbox 360 experience with Dead Rising themes.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11667/Dead-Rising-Ships-More-Than-500000-Units-in-Two-Weeks/
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Dead rising shuffles a lot... - Aug 30, 2006 20:53
So... It has even out done Oblivion and G.R.A.W? Go Capcom..

Another 360 BigBoy.

I can' t imagine what Gears is gonna be like..and Lost Planet..
< Message edited by Tiz -- 30 Aug 06 12:54:07 >
dasher232

RE: Dead rising shuffles a lot... - Aug 30, 2006 20:58
The thing is it' s not even been to europe as yet and i' m not sure if i' m getting it but all the reviwes and reception is making me wanna peek at it.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Dead rising shuffles a lot... - Aug 30, 2006 20:59
It' s amazing how capcom pople say " yes we have made this AAA game which is perfect and it sold great" hehehe

Anyway - this should open some japanese eyes (I' m talking developers here) - there are money to be made with this 360 after all.
Tiz

RE: Dead rising shuffles a lot... - Aug 30, 2006 21:05
Well Capcom probably knows it more than other japanese developers.

I like Capcom, because rather than do away with releasing Resi Evil on the 360
because japan might not like it, instead they said screw Japan we will still
release it on the 360 in other regions.

Most other unsure japanese developers will be like, erm.. I' ll go where it' s
safe and that' s Sony, and then realise that they don' t have the mullah to
be developing for such a high-end console..
dasher232

RE: Dead rising shuffles a lot... - Aug 30, 2006 21:10

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Well Capcom probably knows it more than other japanese developers.

I like Capcom, because rather than do away with releasing Resi Evil on the 360
because japan might not like it, instead they said screw Japan we will still
release it on the 360 in other regions.

Most other unsure japanese developers will be like, erm.. I' ll go where it' s
safe and that' s Sony, and then realise that they don' t have the mullah to
be developing for such a high-end console..

Thats why I like capcom they have the balls to go out on a limb and take a chance ( even though money' s always involved and the main kicker). I just don' t want them releasing too many sequels (though I would like dmc) to the 360 I would like to see more stuff like lost planet and dead rising.... new beginnings.

As for the japanese I wouldn' t be surprised if dead rising sold like 5 copies when it' s released.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 30 Aug 06 13:11:47 >
Tiz

RE: Dead rising shuffles a lot... - Aug 30, 2006 21:15

As for the japanese I wouldn' t be surprised if dead rising sold like 5 copies when it' s released.

Are capcom even releasing it there?
dasher232

RE: Dead rising shuffles a lot... - Aug 30, 2006 21:17

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Are capcom even releasing it there?

Yea someone said it' s coming on the 28th of sept can' t remember who told me but they' re having an edited version apparently. Then again in japan they had a picture or britney pregnant removed/ edited because it was too ' ' stimulating' ' ......
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 30 Aug 06 13:18:52 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message