Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 X-Box Live Help
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
X-Box Live Help - Sep 14, 2004 13:21
I' m debating getting my X-Box hooked up on X-Box live (now I own a game or two which can be played online) but haven' t a clue how to get it connected to the internet. I' ve got some questions so if anyone can help me I' ll be very grateful.

I just need to know what speed internet would be the minimum or required speed to play online, and how to connect my X-Box to my internet connection. And yes, I know I need to go out and shell out for the X-Box Live Starter Kit, but how much is the subscription per month?

Thanks in advance. I' m not too online friendly but figured if online is the future I might as well try and be part of it.
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: X-Box Live Help - Sep 14, 2004 18:22
First off you need Broadband with at least 512 connection. I' ve got broadband from BT which is pretty good and i' ve never had any problems with it.

You will need a modem with a ethernet port or a router to go from your pc. I think the subscription is £4.99 a month but i think it' s best getting the starter kit that comes with a years subscription for about £29.99.

http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/start/

This link should explain it a bit more.
whatabout_paul

RE: X-Box Live Help - Sep 14, 2004 21:02
Cheers Reznor. I' ve only got a 300k connection, so I take it that would be a bit useless. Best way to connect the thing would be to get a router. And £30 for a years subscription doesn' t sound bad at all. I' ll just have to get my connection bumbed up to 500k. I' m on NTL so I think it' ll be about £5-10 more a month. We' ll see

Found a deal on NTL. They' ll updrade my 300k service to a 750k for an extra £8... £25 a month. Score.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 9/14/2004 9:35:36 PM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: X-Box Live Help - Sep 14, 2004 22:45
There' s really no exact speed that can or can' t be used. If you have broadband then you can play on Live. For better games it' s nice to have a faster connection but I' m not sure I' d say it' s required. As long as you have a friend with a great connection it shouldn' t be that much of a problem.
whatabout_paul

RE: X-Box Live Help - Sep 15, 2004 11:49
I had a sneaky feeling 300k would work but I' d rather do things porperly than have a bad conenction. I read a review of Burnout 3 which mentioned people with a slow connection seem to jump about the track a bit.

It' s also a good excuse to get a faster connection for my PC ^_^

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message