Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Did anyone catch the ROTK trailer? (possible spoilers)
Olorin

• Total Posts : 16
Did anyone catch the ROTK trailer? (possible spoilers) - Aug 06, 2003 20:48
I couldn' t get it to work from this site, but I saw it elsewhere. The movie looks OUTSTANDING. I' m already caught up in the hype and the official trailers haven' t even been released yet. Just five more months...

*possible spoilers*

For those of you that did see the trailer, do you remember the scene (it was only a second or two) of two people in arms on the battlefield, apparently in pain or anguish, with Gandalf in the background? Can anyone confirm who those two were? My guess was Merry and Pippin, but could it also be Dernhelm?
Admin

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Did anyone catch the ROTK trailer? (possible spoilers) - Aug 08, 2003 12:46
This trailer was very below-par, the reason why most places aren' t showing it any more. Because it was a quicktime file, it didn' t seem to play back properly in the media viewer window, but if you do ' save target as' you can download it ok.
Olorin

• Total Posts : 16
RE: Did anyone catch the ROTK trailer? (possible spoilers) - Aug 08, 2003 18:54
The reason most places aren' t showing it anymore is because it wasn' t supposed to be shown in the first place (which is most likely why the video quality wasn' t up to par). New Line has asked everyone with the trailer to pull it down from their sites, but as you know, that request is too little too late- once the internet mongrels get their paws on it, its up for grabs. Supposedly the footage is part of the 10 min. preview that will be released on the Two Towers DVD in late August, and it just leaked a little early. Anways, the copy I saw had been spliced and edited to account for the choppiness and it came out looking fine.
Admin

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Did anyone catch the ROTK trailer? (possible spoilers) - Aug 14, 2003 20:16
I read a while back that New Line would not be putting any ROTK teaser material on TTT DVD, due to time limitations... (see https://movies.kikizo.com/news/200303/005.asp?f=005.asp) but I guess they changed their mind.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll