Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 whats your best video gaming moment?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
snatch24

• Total Posts : 49
whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 21, 2004 18:36
whats your best videogaming moment?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 21, 2004 19:30
Mine is a tie...

Between the moment I completed Panzer Dragoon Saga and the moment I completed Halo.

fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 21, 2004 19:38
Beating Hero' s Quest for the first time on the old Tandy IBM.

Beating Super Mario Bros. for the first time on the NES.

Getting the high score in Ms. Pac-Man amongst my whole family (brothers and father included...score still stands to this day)

Beating the optional WEAPONs in FF VII.

Beating Super Mario Kart.

Getting every last piece of equipment/item (i.e., completing the inventory) in Castlevania: SotN.

Obtaining every item/piece of equipment and maxing out all characters while completing all side-quests in FF Tactics.

Getting 100% complete in GT 3.

Beating Ninja Gaiden (Xbox).

Beating both Splinter Cells.

Getting all 50 Gilded Falcons in Alundra.

Fully completing Soul Calibur.

There are probably many more, but these are just off the top of my head.
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 21, 2004 22:54

ORIGINAL: snatch24

whats your best videogaming moment?

now those where manny ! i will do the hilights, so there where plenty more, i gurantee

> the moment i layed my eyes on the sega megadrive (genesis) witch was demoing the capcom ghosts blaster " ghoul' s and ghost' s" . next weekend i bought one with the game, and also super hangon, and space harrier.

> the first time i layed eye on OutRun. this day changed my life forever. i used to be a adventure game nut, but that turned to racing nut. and till the day of today, it still is. and OutRun 2 will cement that in quite easilly.

> playing, and finishing the first ridge racer. boy what a great game this STILL is. it may look dated, but the gameplay still is strong. thumbs up for namco !

> playing and finishing metal gear solid on psx. the voice acting still beats most other adventjre games i played. and ofcourse that tension that hangs around the game, the feeling of " i dont want them to see me" combined with the masterfully crafted music combined to give me a exelent gaming expirience. to bad i did not went trough the whole game again becouse of so manny other games begging to be played.

> after playing minor versions of OutRun for 10 years, and then being able to buy a sega saturn, and it' s 100% arcade perfect version. even today i still play this game.

> after long waiting getting my grubby mitts on a OutRun 2 demo ! and then to find out that sumo digital managed to get the controlls of the game spot on ! october the 1st will be engraved to my brains. that will be the day that i WILL be gaming 24 hours in a row !

> speaking of outrun, one great gaming moment whas fiding out that the xbox and its hard disk did not ment we had to " patch" the so called inferrior games for it. yeah, i based the things i THOUGHT i know on how terrible unstable my pc can be, and the countless patches for my games. how wrong i whas ! now the xbox is my most favorite console. the reason ? REED THE REASON ABOVE THIS ONE

ok, there where MANNY more, but i will leave it at this.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 21, 2004 23:25
Finishing Sonic 2.

Come on, I was only 8 when I did it and I managed it before anybody else I knew. If meeting the first incarnation of ' Metal Sonic' and having to fend it off with *no rings* (something no other Sonic game has forced you to do since) wasn' t enough, there was the massive Egg-Mech to take out.

The thing was easily the biggest boss I' d seen in a game and could stomp all over you. You had to aim to hit it precisely on its chest or you' d die. You had to avoid its attacks sharp-ish or it' d squash you. I' ll never forget hitting it the mandatory 8 times (which defeated any Robotnik boss) then watching on in horror as it was still alive! Composing myself for a final assault the behemoth took another 4 hits before collapsing to the ground in a heap or rubble, taking the entire Death Egg with it. Sonic leaped out of the first exit he could find getting his spines singed by an almighty explosion. I watched in awe as Tails piloting the now legendary ' Tornado' bi-plane rescued a freefalling blue hedgehog from certain doom.

Gaming at its best I tell' s ya!
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 9/21/2004 11:30:01 PM >
snatch24

• Total Posts : 49
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 22, 2004 18:01
my best videogamimg moment has to be:

>completing sonic 2 me and my sis used to slave away it took years to do.

>my best game to complete has to be zelda on the n64 that was incredible
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 22, 2004 21:42
Beating The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past. With my friends helping me. It took months back in the days. Ah we were so young and those were the days when we did not know many things. I treasure that game.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 22, 2004 21:55
couldnt have said it better than daroosh...beating Halo was one of the finest gaming moments of my life...and all 424 times since then have been great as well. heh...
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 22, 2004 22:54
Some of the better moments for me were the times I used to take out the best players in Wolfenstein on Xbox Live. There was nothing like taking on the clan FEAR or the player Greedy.

It was like each team had heros and you would send them off the fight the other teams heros. When we would meet it would be a helluva battle to watch...grenades, pistols, and machine guns were getting used left and right.

Actually right now thats what I miss most about not getting to play on Live. Working my way up to be one of the best players and helping my clan and team win. I can' t wait for Halo 2 to come out because I will make time...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 23, 2004 01:01
one great gaming moment that I can surprisenly remember (surprising because of hwo drunk i was at the time) was when I kicked my sober friends arses in all the mortal kombat games form the first one up to Alliance. Ya that was fun I am Drunken Master!
DaRoosh65

RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 23, 2004 03:44

Beating Super Mario Bros. for the first time on the NES.

Thanks, fathoms, that was also one of mine...but it was so long ago...
Starman Anthony

RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 23, 2004 13:55
Another for me was beating Super Mario 64. I never played a game like it and at the end I was literally sweating after I fought the final Bowser and I finally saw Princess Peach for the first time in 3D. I will never forget that moment it was so magical. This was also Mario' s biggest adventure ever. I have yet to see another one like it. Mario Sunshine was awesome but nowhere near the magic in 64.
music_maniac1965

RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 23, 2004 17:48

ORIGINAL: Starman Anthony

Another for me was beating Super Mario 64. I never played a game like it and at the end I was literally sweating after I fought the final Bowser and I finally saw Princess Peach for the first time in 3D.

indeed, the impact that super mario 64 made has never repeated for another platformer, also not from nintendo itself.

did you get all the stars ? i did, but it took a long time to do so. some stars where hard to reach. my hardest moment in the game was getting to the room near the balcony from the ghost. you had to get invisible, then get up via a walljump, and then around the corner troug a picture of a ghost. behind it whas the eye you had to defeat, witch was not that difficult, but getting there really whas
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 25, 2004 22:47
One of my best would probably be finishing the arcade Neo-Geo version of Nam-1975 without dying at all, And then later reading that the good folks at Gamefan my favorite gaming magazine back then - blew $5 on the game just to beat it...

When I was younger I always felt as if people that worked for gaming mags had these unbelievable gaming skillz and could beat any game without much of a problem. So to read about the editors blowing $5 each time they played the game made me realize that they aren' t gaming gods But at the same time made me even more proud of my accomplishment.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 25, 2004 23:19
Finally beating Halo on Legendary mode How sweet it is
DaRoosh65

RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 25, 2004 23:36
Sharon,

You beat Halo on Legendary?

That' s totally awesome!!!

I am working on it now, and expect (or hope) to be finished in time for Halo 2' s release.
Starman Anthony

RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 26, 2004 21:24
Oh yes I did get all the Stars but that was after I beat the game. It was really hard. I was still in middle school and I did not have the experience and knowledge I have now. The hardest level for me were almost all of them. Maybe the snow levels. Also the underwater levels. Thank the people that made the coins give you air also. Man that would have been super hard. You know what I think. They should remake it. Or atleast port it over to GameCube and add the features and stuff such as 2 player' s, the music they never could include in it and the levels. it would be kinda be like the directors cut. I think I said this about the DS version too. Also make it support widescreen and HDTVs. Hehe. I will always and forever love Super Mario 64. That' s what a Mario game should be like. None of that Sunshine stuff. Heheh.
music_maniac1965

RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 27, 2004 22:22

ORIGINAL: Starman Anthony

I will always and forever love Super Mario 64. That' s what a Mario game should be like. None of that Sunshine stuff. Heheh.

yeah, but mario sunshine isn' t that bad, but just a better looking mario 64 but it lacks the polish of that game. to bad better looks not alway' s mean better games.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 27, 2004 22:39
Heheh that xtra ending in Halo is pretty funny
paul_pso

• Total Posts : 11
RE: whats your best video gaming moment? - Sep 27, 2004 23:05
spose it would be whoopin' ganon on ocarina, oooh and whoopin' majora' s mask... OOO and and FFX had a great ending, brought tears to my eyes!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message