Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 21:03
The initial batch of screens for Sigma looked amazing, but newer screens not so much...

Now i don' t for one minute doubt Team Ninja but looking at those screens, i don' t expect gameplay to look like what we' ve already seen, ...i expect it to look like NGB (720p) with less aliasing and re-done textures and lighting. To be honest, it looks pretty sterile so far with flat (higher resolution/more detailed) textures and HDR lighting.

In comparison, Black rendered in 576p/720p manages to more than hold its own...

I' m going to speculate that what we saw at TGS is more like what Ninja Gaiden 2 will look like...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 21:14
" Nitro??????" How the hell did that happen???

Sigma > Black because he can run and fight on water... In actual fact:

Sigma > ALL.

Of course Sigma is just the appetizer for Ninja Gaiden 2.

But Majik, why the image change?
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 21:17

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Sigma > Black because he can run and fight on water... In actual fact:

Sigma > ALL.

Of course Sigma is just the appetizer for Ninja Gaiden 2.

I' m seriously unimpressed with the texture quality. Mostly because they' re really flat. It' ll be awesome, and i' m not saying it looks bad, i' m just saying that it won' t look as good as i expected from the TGS stuff. I can' t wait to see the opening battle ingame though, the whole burning building thing should look amazing.

But Majik, why the image change?

I woke up an viola, i was NITRO.
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 22:17

Uhh...What are you talking about? Looks awesome, and I do have the XBox version, looks much better.
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 22:30

ORIGINAL: Shikashi

Uhh...What are you talking about? Looks awesome, and I do have the XBox version, looks much better.

Not. Gameplay. Nub.
Shikashi

RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 22:45
Bullcrap!...What? You' re serious? Looked like gameplay when I saw the footage, and didn' t Team Ninja say that the Cutscenes were real-time?

Nub.
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 22:59

ORIGINAL: Shikashi

Bullcrap!...What? You' re serious? Looked like gameplay when I saw the footage, and didn' t Team Ninja say that the Cutscenes were real-time?

Nub.

" Real-time" and " gameplay" are completely different.

For example, take an in-engine, real-time scene from the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox...

...looks better than gameplay. Same thing.

Now, i' m not saying that this...

...100% isn' t from gameplay, just that if it is then i' d like to know why it looks 500% better than this...

...which is obviously gameplay.

Maybe PS3 can do super cool next-gen FIRE!!!

Maybe the game will just be a cleaner, crisper, polished Ninja Gaiden Black...

Shikashi

RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 23:10
I guess you have a point, but still...

[image]http://games.fok.nl/phpThumb.php?src=1166600144.8765.jpg&w=&h=&wmf=watermark.gif[/image]

[image]http://games.fok.nl/phpThumb.php?src=1166600074.6067.jpg&w=&h=&wmf=watermark.gif[/image]

[image]http://games.fok.nl/phpThumb.php?src=1166600498.2803.jpg&w=&h=&wmf=watermark.gif[/image]

Aren' t these in-game? I thought they were?! Oh well...

Oh crap, they got all tiny didn' t they?

There ya go.
< Message edited by Shikashi -- 22 Jan 07 15:12:38 >
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 22, 2007 23:31
Look at it this way, these are not gameplay...

...although they are in-engine.

The camera angle gives it away, but i' d also be inclined to say that some aspects have been touched up.

When i say gameplay, i mean how the game would appear if you were actually playing it. Somebody likely played through this part of the game, and screens were taken from cinematic angles, making everything seem much more impressive.

The burning building is interesting because the fire obstructs most of the environment textures, and so because the fire looks amazing the entire scene looks better than other parts of the game.

It' s the same with DMC4. This is from an in-engine cutscene, but it' s not gameplay...

...this, is gameplay...

...yeah?

EDIT: The nicest looking game on PS3 so far is Genji, and even that doesn' t come close to the screens of the burning building in Sigma...

...because with them being gameplay screens they suffer from evident motion blur and aliasing. Nice fire through...
< Message edited by NITRO -- 22 Jan 07 15:41:01 >
Shikashi

RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 23, 2007 01:11
I' m being fooled than. The game still looks nice though, even if those in-game screens that you showed aren' t nearly as impressive as the in-engine ones.

Let' s hope that when it is finished it will look as close to the in-engine ones as possible.
< Message edited by Shikashi -- 22 Jan 07 17:15:42 >
Nitro

RE: Ninja Gaiden ∑ vs Ninja Gaiden Black - Jan 23, 2007 18:37
Itagaki likes Genji and Hayashi (a name that everybody should now be taking note of) has been playing it...

1UP: How do you feel about Genji?

TI: I' m pretty sure Hayashi played it and he said that there' s some interesting things in it visually. The other thing you should know is that I' ve beaten the first Genji about eight times, so I' m probably the biggest Genji fan on Team Ninja.

LINK

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message