Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 SEGA. PLEASE come back
hector

• Total Posts : 16
SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 21, 2004 15:34
I think anyone owning a gamecube is nuts (Chilldish graphics, stupid games).
And Sony and Microsoft used there bucketloads of money to make there consoles popular.
I have been a SEGA fan since the beginning, and feel that consoles like the saturn and dreamcast where a flop for all the wrong reasons.
The dreamcast was a flop because everyone was waiting for the playstation 2 to come, but i don' t see why people could possibly think that it would be the least bit better than the dreamcast.
I own every sega sold in my country (master system, mega drive, sega cd, 32x, saturn, dreamcast and game gear).
The game gear also a big flop, I realy don' t understand why.
The game gear had color from day one, still the gameboy from nintendo was sold in MUCH higher numbers, i don' t understand this by far.
I realy hope sega will come back with a new console, because i don' t think anyone can produce better console' s than sega.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 21, 2004 16:08
I was going to read your entire post and then I read, " childish graphics" . That statement alone falsifies everything else you had to say.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 21, 2004 16:16
hector, it' s time to let go. I used to think like you once, then I realised I was missing out on a load of top games. So while still being a massive Sega fan I own all current generation consoles so I can play all of the best games.

If I were you I' d give the Gamecube a go. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is the best game I' ve played in a long while.

I think it' s time you woke up and realised the only way you are going to get any Sega goodness is to own a PS2, X-Box or Gamecube and buy the games Sega releases for them. While you are at it pick up the Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, Splinter Cell, Metroid Prime games and the rest.You really don' t know what you are missing.
hector

RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 22, 2004 09:50
I know what you mean and i do own a ps2 and an Xbox (wich infact is half of a sega and half of a pc).
But i just can' t understand why a console with graphics and features the modern console' s have (only 2 years early' er) could ever fail.
And how the hell can a black and white screen game boy ever match up with the game gear, the damn thing had color for crying out load.
Only reason why console' s like the Xbox and ps2 are sold better is because they used there buckets of money and influence to get the game-makers to make great games for their concole' s.
Had the dreamcast had more support from these game-makers it would allmost definetly have been a gigantic succes.
hector

RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 22, 2004 10:00
Sega rules
< Message edited by hector -- 20 Dec 06 12:20:51 >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 22, 2004 11:59

If you think people picking up a system to play quality games are nuts, then yes, I guess they are.

And Sony and Microsoft used there bucketloads of money to make there consoles popular.

And what do you think Sega did with the Genesis?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 22, 2004 12:14
Why all the fuss?

It appears that you already can play most of the more recent Sega games with what you currently own and/or configured.

Sega is an awesome innovator in game-making, but to sit around and worry yourself about it just seems like a monumental waste of time (to me).

Move on with your life, and enjoy the fact that Sega is still around...and not part of either the M$ or Sony development houses.
ChaOtiX

• Total Posts : 17
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 27, 2004 10:54

I' m a bit of a computer mastermind (wizzkid).
And i have the ability to play psx and ps2 games on my dreamcast.
Offcourse i did have to fidle a bit with the dreamcast' s internalls.
The first ps2 game that i can' t play on my dc has yet to be made.
Only thing is that i allready bought a ps2 before i figured this out
My dc has a reader unit of a standard dvd player and a small laptop hard-disk containing the data on the ps2 chip hooked up via a dms3 chip.

That has to be the biggest bunch of lies I have ever seen.

And regarding other things Like the gamegear, dreamcast and Saturn, it wasn' t the consoles or the games, but the people behind these products (SEGA themselves).
SEGA is the largest victim of corporate arrogance to date.

The marketing, the lack of proper SDK' s, the lack of communication between SEGA japan and SEGA America.... All are only a few reasons to why SEGA failed.
< Message edited by chaotix -- 11/27/2004 10:55:47 AM >
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 28, 2004 04:46
the gamecube is not childish and its a great system
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 30, 2004 04:29
I' ll admit that I once believed the Gamecube to be a kiddie console.

After seeing games like Metroid: Prime 2, I have seen the light!

Go Nintendo!!!!
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 30, 2004 13:59
The Gamecube being childish? I don' t think so Metriod Prime 2... Eternal Darknes.... Whoa those aren' t kiddie games.. man you sir have to play Wind Waker... I mean Actually play the game, hear the music, and get immersed in the world of Wind Waker.... then you tell me if you changed your mind about not owning a Gamecube.. I do respect Playstation 2 because they have other types of games that are fun to play. I can' t afford X-Box so I can' t say anything about it only that if I ever do get one the number one game I should get is Halo 1 and 2.

... oh by the way Hector how old are you? Just want to know sorry.
< Message edited by Starman Anthony -- 11/30/2004 2:08:27 PM >
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: SEGA. PLEASE come back - Nov 30, 2004 14:05

Whoa and isnt what Mass X was talking about the horrors about consol forums?..

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll