Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS2 RPG News: Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana Announced For North America
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
PS2 RPG News: Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana Announced For North America - Sep 10, 2004 18:22
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana Coming to North America (PS2)

Nippon Ichi is bringing its RPG Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana to North America.
By Rainier Van Autrijve | Sept. 9, 2004

NIS America announced today its plans to release Gust Co.' s Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (Working Title) for the PlayStation2 in North America.

" The Atelier series by Gust is highly rated by players in Japan. We truly believe that not only will fans of Phantom Brave, Disgaea, and La Pucelle enjoy Atelier Iris, but those who are fans of strategy RPG in general. We are very excited about delivering this latest installment of the series to the United States, please look forward to Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana," said Haru Akenaga, president of NIS America, Inc.

In Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana you play as a young alchemist called Krein Kislinck, son of a famous alchemist who taught him all he knows. Krein longs to surpass his mentor. The game is more of an RPG than other entries in the series as Krein and his party travel around, fighting beasts and collecting mana items as they attempt to open the door to a city in the sky. The game uses the " Cost Turn Battle" system for its battles, giving you two moves per turn but charging turns from you for certain moves. Alchemy is, of course, a central part of the game, as you mix recipes for new items even in the middle of battle! Newcomers are also treated to a user-friendly introduction to the various menus and upgrade systems.

Released in Japan in May 2004, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana is expected to hit North America somewhere in 2005.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/10/2004 6:34:12 PM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: PS2 RPG News: Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana Announced For North America - Sep 11, 2004 19:36
I' m not sure I can stand more RPG' s right now, especially from Atlus and their need to completely overwhelm you with insane depth. LOL

Disgaea, La Pucelle, Phantom Brave.......geez, enough already! I' m in the midst of Star Ocean as we speak, and that' s probably going to suck away at least 60 hours right there, and probably a lot more.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: PS2 RPG News: Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana Announced For North America - Sep 12, 2004 00:37
I posted that story just for you, fathoms.

I know how you like those kind of RPG' s...

Glad to see you' re able to get your fill of some good gaming with Star Ocean.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: PS2 RPG News: Atelier Iris - Eternal Mana Announced For North America - Sep 12, 2004 04:19
EGM just called Phantom Brave " the deepest game they' d ever seen" (also ended up getting scores of 8.5, 9.0, and 8.5), and I only wish I had time for it. Star Ocean is deep enough, and I just realized that, after about 15 hours, I' ve only been BARELY scratching the surface. I just stumbled across the incredibly complex process of item/equipment creation and patenting, and that' s just going to add even more insanity to the massively engaging world of Star Ocean.

They just need to calm down. These games take TIME, for crying out loud. And on top of it all, I want Burnout 3 and Fable this coming week, and I' m also in the midst of Hot Shots Golf: Fore! (one of my favorites). Just too many games.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll