Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Great interview with Peter!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Great interview with Peter! - Jun 01, 2006 06:40
Will we see more xbox360 interviews or for other formats?(ps3,wii)?
Sorry for not sending a PM,but its better everyone knows then just me.

Thanks in advance and for the great interview.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 01, 2006 11:33
I listed some of the interviews you can expect in another thread, something like " Kikizo coverage begins" or something. We have tonnes more on the way that you won' t see anywhere else. :)
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 01, 2006 23:37
The video interviews are what I love the most about this site! Your questions are always interesting. So thanks.

(Still think Peter Moore is a fool however! )
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 00:45
Yeah it' s a great interview what I didn' t get why pete said gamers don' t care about backwards compatiblity though because most do (I don' t really but..).
QuezcatoL

RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 00:50
Well...
For me its not something that really affected me much,however halo,halo2,ninja gaiden,sw kotir and shemue2 was games i must have on my 360,and so far 5 of them works...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 01:19

Well...
For me its not something that really affected me much,however halo,halo2,ninja gaiden,sw kotir and shemue2 was games i must have on my 360,and so far 5 of them works...

So Shenmue2 doesnt work then?
QuezcatoL

RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 01:32
Nope :S

However i never had XBL on when trying it.

Btw one thing about what peter says,recent german dier spiegl magazine phil harrison said that ps1 was the first console with 3d graphic.

He forgot saturn?

Or does sony still have their ignorance towards competetion?

But my point is,sometimes these guys says blunders .
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 02:02
Here' s what was posted in that Kikizo coverage thread:

Loads of interviews on the way. Announced exclusively here in this forum:

Several top bods from MS
A top bod from NCL
A top bod from Sony
President of AM2
Two people from Konami
Itagaki
Final Fantasy team
Nagoshi
Molyneux

and much more.

Thought I' d put it here so we won' t have to search for the old thread.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 03:07
If the guy from Sony tells you how ' cheap' the PS3 is, smack him in the mouth from me please. Then spit on him. That is all.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 21:05

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Yeah it' s a great interview what I didn' t get why pete said gamers don' t care about backwards compatiblity though because most do (I don' t really but..).

I think most say they do, but in actuality they really don' t. People just like to complain, and especially because Sony and Nintendo will have it, they feel like their precious 360 is inferior, or something. I personally don' t give a rat' s ass about backward compatibility, and think they should spend their resources on something more important (like getting this XBL update out so I can download and play at the same damn time!)
dasher232

RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 21:13
I personally don' t care about it because I rather have my xbox and play them on that one. As for the update I still haven' t got mines with the new dashboard stuff.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 21:54

I personally don' t care about it because I rather have my xbox and play them on that one. As for the update I still haven' t got mines with the new dashboard stuff.

It' s true, most people are lazy so they don' t want to switch between consoles, for
me, they have filled my BC needs now all they need to do is a Panzer Dragoon
update, Otogi 1 and 2 and SpiderMan 2 then I will be set...
choupolo

RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 02, 2006 22:42
Maybe they just want to get rid of their old clunky xbox, or trade it off against the 360. I suppose people see it as an upgrade rather than a completely new machine, so they want all their old stuff to still work. In reality, we could just keep all our old systems and just play our old games on them.

I never had an xbox, so I was quite glad I could try a few x titles that I missed out on when I got my 360 (although the aspect ratio was all wrong on my monitor at high res!)

Personally I' d kind of want that any new system should be able to play all the old games, so that you don' t need to hunt down an old NES to play DuckHunt or something, and all the old classics will still be accessible to those that want them, like it is with other media such as books or movies. (something like what Nintendo are doing, heh!) You know if you want you could find a copy of Mary Poppins on DVD and just stick it in your new DVD player, but that' s not really been possible with games until now with Wii.
dasher232

RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 03, 2006 00:14

ORIGINAL: choupolo

You know if you want you could find a copy of Mary Poppins on DVD and just stick it in your new DVD player, but that' s not really been possible with games until now with Wii.

Hahaaa I love that...the image of chou singing along. I was kind of expecting them to make it top priority though but I guess they were covering other bases, but come next generation (gosh it' s only just started) I think they' ll come up with something that plays it all.
choupolo

RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 03, 2006 00:38
Hehe yes, *sings* " just a spoonful of sugar makes the merry-go-round go round!" ...or..something...
< Message edited by choupolo -- 2 Jun 06 17:04:33 >
gamezguru1

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 04, 2006 03:01
it says in the list that your doing a interview with the head of AM-2 please try and get a yes or no awswer about shenmue
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 04, 2006 03:06
As far as backwards compatibility goes, while its nice to have for the sake of convenience, I don' t think I' ve cared much about it.

I' ve only played 3 PSOne games on my PS2, 0 Xbox games on my 360 and 1 GameBoy Advance game on my DS.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 04, 2006 03:11
I dunno, ...i' m still holding out hope that Conker: Live & Reloaded and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath and going to be included in the next batch of backwards compatible Xbox games coming in the next couple of weeks.
QuezcatoL

RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 04, 2006 05:16
In his earlier blast against BC, Peter Moore proclaimed that nobody is concerned about it anymore, but thankfully the gentler Gamerscore peeps have set the record straight, stating: " We know for a fact that there are lots of people who continue to care about backwards compatibility, including the ' Emulation Ninjas' who are working full time on the updates. And those of us posting on this blog. And, of course, many of you."

The next update will be in the next few weeks.
Says some of the xbox360 employers.

What people need to know is that xbox360 emulate each game,its like having an emulator on your pc and try diffrent console emulators and see how many problems can occur,and glitches.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Great interview with Peter! - Jun 04, 2006 05:31
Yeah, exactly, it' s not easy shit.

Thay are having to emulate an NVIDIA GeForce 3 using only software which in itself isn' t easy. How many PC' s can correctly emulate an Xbox game?!

Half Life 2 is probably the worst offender on the list as far as playability is concerned because it had framerate issues on Xbox anyway. Black on the other hand only came out late last year and runs 100% perfectly. Ninja Gaiden and DoA3' s slowdown issues have been fixed and that hugely shader heavy Chaos Theory (a game that used every graphical trick possible) runs perfectly (in solo).

I find it amusing that not only do people talk about Microsoft' s BC so far, calling it pathetic when there are about 250 games that work and a good percentage of those that work perfectly but they also slated Microsoft for having to emulate games because Sony said they wouldn' t have to emulate theirs and now they do.

It' s annoying that games have been purposefully left off the list when they should have been the main priorities; DoAU, DoAX, Project Gotham 2, Moto GP, Burnout Revenge etc.

I really wanted to be able to play Conker: Live & Reloaded (online) and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (though Munches Odyssey could very well be in the next batch) and the KoF games. Pisses me off!

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message