Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console?
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 18, 2004 07:48
I hate the facts and I hate to post that I think individual consoles should have a longer span of game development before the next wave of consoles come along. 5 years comes by way fast to decide on another console. First, you' re confused on which one to buy, which takes up months before deciding, then other events in your life take away 9/10 of your game time, then maybe money will cause a problem in game purchasing (well, for me anyways). So, to me, a console should have an active development span of about 7 to 8 years before another wave of consoles come out.

If I am to choose right now, I would buy Nintendo' s next console, because I have a bit of regrets on choosing the Xbox over the GameCube (but no regrest on the Xbox over the PS2). I would choose Nintendo' s next console because they' re probably going to publish more fun, competitive classics I' ve always loved .
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 18, 2004 08:26
None, simply because no games are out yet. Once the games are out, I will likely buy all three. No need to only have a couple. It' s not like they will be mega expensive. I will wait on the Sony machine until they are at least in their second or third round of machines. History has proven that any first generation Sony product has a very high likelyhood of breaking down. I' ll let everyone else get raped by Sony first. Once the bugs have been fixed with the hardware, I' ll jump in and only be gently raped.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 18, 2004 14:33
For me, knowing that money is a real issue (having a house, family, and just plain bills), I will wait until the XBOX 2 is released. If it starts out too high in price, I will wait until it' s first (or second) price drop to purchase the system.

I' m with Joe concerning the Sony products...they have a track record of breaking down really easy...until they work out the bugs in the post-release market!

We' ll have to see about Nintendo' s next console...
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 18, 2004 16:28

None, simply because no games are out yet. Once the games are out, I will likely buy all three. No need to only have a couple. It' s not like they will be mega expensive. I will wait on the Sony machine until they are at least in their second or third round of machines. History has proven that any first generation Sony product has a very high likelyhood of breaking down. I' ll let everyone else get raped by Sony first. Once the bugs have been fixed with the hardware, I' ll jump in and only be gently raped.
Lol...Joe, exactly my point: things like that takes months out of a console game deveopment life. Buying two or all three will be a big problem for me, and Joe, it IS mega expensive. A console comes out in stores for $300, buying all three would mean about $1000 (other things add up too, like tax, memory cards and other add-ons).

For me, knowing that money is a real issue (having a house, family, and just plain bills), I will wait until the XBOX 2 is released. If it starts out too high in price, I will wait until it' s first (or second) price drop to purchase the system.
Also exactly my point, a price drop is not a matter of days, weeks, but rather months or possibly years! Therefore taking away more of the already limited life span of an active console.

What exactly IS going to be Nintendo' s next console? I know for SOny it' s the PS3, and something like Xbox2 for Microsoft.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 18, 2004 16:31
I will never deny myself a new console.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 18, 2004 18:34
I' ll definitely aim to get all three in time but if all were out right now I' d buy the Nintendo console first.
City Hunter

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 19, 2004 17:52
I don' t know now, but I' ll buy the console where Sega will develop the best games.

By now, I' m focusing on Xenon, but only if will receive more and more support from Japanese software houses.

I' ll look to the Nintendo Revolution and PS3 too.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 19, 2004 20:56
It depends on what games come out first. If the PS3 has many more ' must own' games than the competition I' ll get it. The ' Nintendo Revolution' may also have many more games you need to own over the rest. So it' s waiting game time. And those who wait when it comes to consoles usually get good things, with price drops and second hand games
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 19, 2004 21:02

And those who wait when it comes to consoles usually get good things, with price drops and second hand games

But have a lot of catching up to do with games ;)
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Will you buy Xbox 2, PS3, or Nintendo' s upcoming console? - Sep 19, 2004 23:09
Like most, I' ll wait to see what kind of games they bring out with the new consoles and to hear some reviews of the consoles themselves first before I buy (but I' m leaning towards xbox 2)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll