Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition
City Hunter

• Total Posts : 40
Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 14, 2005 07:05
Here the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/rammer/petition.aspx

there is a petition for Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned to appear on Xbox with Live features.
please sign the petition, if we are a lot we can make things to happen.

thank you to everyone.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 14, 2005 07:16
Sorry to say that the chances of such a thing happening is almost non-existant I would think.. Virtua Fighter is alot more popular in Japan and Japan is where the Xbox is doing BEYOND p*ss poor. It can' t even beat the Wonderswan in weekly sales.
City Hunter

RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 14, 2005 07:22
Virtua Fighter 4 is a million seller game, and it become popular also in europe and USA, otherwise Sega would' t make Pal and USA versions of VF4 and Vf4Evo on PS2.

i think VF4 will sell very well on Xbox, because many beat' em ' up fans don' t like DOAU very much, and VF4 could be the cure.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: VF4 on Xbox - Feb 14, 2005 08:12
It' s not gonna happen.

The reason you won' t see LIVE on many fighting games apart from DOAU is that Sega, Namco etc make money in the arcades where people go to play together, something LIVE would damage to an extent.

Also: it' s just not going to happen anyway.

Also, sorry about this but other than in special circumstances it would be preferred if users don' t post petitions here please. Trust me on that one. :)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 14, 2005 08:15
City Hunter,

Though I do not believe that a VF title will be made for XBOX, I have signed the petition - I loved playing VF on Saturn and Dreamcast...and would welcome a XBOX version.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 14, 2005 10:31
It' s 2 years since VF4 Evolution was released on the PS2. 3 since VF4. It just wouldn' t be worth porting it to the xbox especially due to how cheap the PS2 versions are. Admittedly they could port Final Tuned but to most people it' s just too similar to other incarnations of VF4.
Terry Bogard

RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 14, 2005 11:04

i think VF4 will sell very well on Xbox, because many beat' em ' up fans don' t like DOAU very much, and VF4 could be the cure.

Sadly I don' t think it would sell all that great considering that the PS2 userbase dwarfs that of the Xbox and seemingly most of the fans of that game probably already own one of OR both of the VF4 incarnations on the PS2.

While VF4 sold over a million copies Worldwide on the PS2 that' s not really an impressive performance stat considering that VF2 for the Saturn still remains the highest selling game of the series, it sold more copies in Japan alone than all of the others did Worldwide.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 14 Feb 05 19:07:23 >
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 14, 2005 18:14
i dont have a xbox so i dont care but i will sign it for you
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 14, 2005 18:17
im the 189th person to sign it
City Hunter

RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 15, 2005 03:27
Thanks to sign teh petition, continue to sign, it will not happen if anyone doesn' t sign the petition of course.

It' s only a year from the release of Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned, so Sega could make a conversion.
It will be cheap for Sega (like Outrun 2 to Sumo Digital), adn this will help Sega to gain more fans for VF5 on the next consoles.
Terry Bogard

RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 15, 2005 11:08

It will be cheap for Sega (like Outrun 2 to Sumo Digital)

Well considering Outrun 2 ran on Xbox arcade hardware ;) of course it was cheap and painless
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 16, 2005 15:44

ORIGINAL: City Hunter
Thanks to sign teh petition, continue to sign, it will not happen if anyone doesn' t sign the petition of course.

Please stop! It is good that you are enthusiastic about this (heck, I did a VF4 for Dreamcast petition myself back in 2001 or thereabouts! It got over 7000 sigs! http://www.petitiononline.com/vf4dcgw/petition.aspx) but that was before the PS2 version was announced later that year.

Petitions to game companies do not work, especially with Sega. And especially when asking for VF4 to come to Xbox (Final Tuned or otherwise). I really hope I am wrong though. I would aim to get support for this petition on other boards! :)

Ah, what the hell, I' m gonna sign it too. It will never happen though. I am TELLIN ya!
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 16 Feb 05 23:58:33 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Virtua Fighter 4 on Xbox petition - Feb 16, 2005 16:16
Maybe it may veer them to do future things if they know they have a decent fanbase on xbox and whatnot.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll