Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Revolution Specs Leak?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 26, 2005 03:13
Seems like it and endgadget.com says it' s from Factor 5 developer that leaked the right X360 specs.
There are some innovations here.

Check this link for full SPECS report by pro :

http://arstechnica.com/staff/carthage.ars/2005/9/23/1348

-multithreaded PowerPC 2.5 GHz with 256 KB L1 cache and 1 MB of L2 cache
-Physical Processing Chip (PPU) with 32MB of dedicated RAM,
-512MB of system RAM
-custom ATI “RN520” 600MHz CPU with 256MB of RAM
-external resolutions up to 2048 x 1268 though HD support is still as yet undecided,
-7.1 surround, too.

I' m a bit shocked cause I' ve just read about separate PPU appearence in PC market and how cool it' s supposed to be.

The PPU is the new thing breaking in the PC industry - it' s supposed to do what seperate GPU unit did for 3DFX era.

It' s a separate Chip with 32 RAM doing only one thing - Physics - Games like Half Life 2 put that to use in PC' s and more devs are looking forward to it saying quite nice things :)

Here is some nice info :

http://www.ageia.com/technology.aspx - short info

http://www.ageia.com/pdf/wp_2005_3_physics_gameplay.pdf - deep info :)

I wonder if those specs are real but since Nintendo never hyped their proccesing power they might be right.
Their systems never were the least powerfull even though people stated they are before release.

Still it could all be false mind you :)

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000077060215/
< Message edited by ]GaNgStA[ -- 26 Sep 05 11:35:36 >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 26, 2005 05:34
I saw those specs weeks ago. They' re incredibly fake.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 26, 2005 06:37
Faked like hell,if they had afford of putting out those kind of specc they would have spoken about them before,NR might be able to sell 20 millions then you cant have specc like that,when they are in trouble as it is.
Thats why they made that special controller to try and get pr and attention and hopefully some extra people to their console.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 26 Sep 05 14:39:12 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 26, 2005 14:19
I guess you' re the only ones so sure :)
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 26, 2005 18:01
I would be extremely surprised if nintendo didn' t have a unified memory architecture like the 360. And I would also be extremely surprised if they had a PPU. The resolution makes sense but they are definetly not going use that high of a res. Maybe they will support 720p and 640p but i' m guessing most games will just be 640i.
Surround sound support, maybe but prolly not.

and by the way I don' t think HL2 has PPU support, PPU games would have much much much better physics anyways.
< Message edited by locopuyo -- 27 Sep 05 2:02:26 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 26, 2005 20:30
Yeah I' m pretty sure that those specs were proven to be a hoax. I remember reading something about it before.

System 1 Modified
CPU:
1 IBM Custom PowerPC 2.5 GHz with 256 KB L1 cache and 1 MB of L2 cache (an L3 cache is rumored). It’s Dual Threaded

13 billion dot product operations per second

Revolution GPU

ATI Custom based RN520 core. The " N" stands for Nintendo, and is because the ArtX team is with them, that is why it’s an " N" .

GPU core at 600 MHz. Will support up to 2048x1268 resolution, HD support is still being decided. Will have 256 MB’s of 1T-SRAM (the RAM is much better due to some tweaking, compared to GC’s RAM. The latency and Cells are much more efficient and faster. Around 1.2 ns is the latency, on average).

32 parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines.

Polygon Performance: 500 million triangles per second theoretical, average in game would be around <100 Million/sec>

Shader Performance: ~50 billion shader operations per second

Revolution memory

512 MB of 700 MHz 1T-SRAM

Other bits and pieces
Revolution will support a PPU chip (Physical Processing Chip). There will be 32 MB’s of its own RAM, which will link to the CPU and GPU and the Controller.

There will also be a separate sound card that will support only DD 5.1 – DTS 7.1, rumors has it will have 16 MB’s, like the Cube DSP

They don' t make much sense in the first place. 13 billion dot product operations per second for only one processor? This is considerably more than the PS3 and X360 which both use multiple processors. The same can be said for the graphics card too. Ninty also stated that they would not be supporting HDTV. Shoving a PPU in there would skyrocket the price of the entire console too. Nintendo will produce a console that is inexpensive but still gets the job done - this is not an inexpensive console.

Edit: Judging by how well Nintendo kept the controller a secret, I don' t think we' ll be seeing any leaked specs that are real
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 27 Sep 05 4:32:44 >
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 27, 2005 00:50
We' ll see sooner or later if Nintendo can mess with Microsoft and Sony. I don' t think so.
]GaNgStA[

RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 27, 2005 05:43
Well actually Half life 2 does support it and it' s not my guess it' s a fact.

Those specs really are a surprise but many smart people in the industry say they are possible even though it really is hard to believe.

Check the links I gave you for great articles about it wrote by PRO' s who actually know a lot by hardware and shit.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 27, 2005 09:17
I' ve already seen this specs debunked several times. If you want to believe them, whatever....
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 27, 2005 13:30
If this was true I can garentee that the system would cost a hell of a lot more than the other 2 consoles. There is no way they could cpuld charge only $200 for that. Also, that' s a lot of stuff to pack into something that' s only the size of 3 DVD cases. It just doesn' t seem possible at all. The tech stuff itself seems technically wrong from the get go. I wish Nintendo would relase something official already. Also, where are the games?!!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Sep 28, 2005 02:16
size is not that big of a factor - ipod nano , powerbooks proove the cost would truly be enormous

I' ve just read Factor 5 responding to that , and it' s 100% bullshit.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: New Revolution Specs Leak? - Oct 04, 2005 06:44
Yeah, those specs are a hoax.
Nintendo has shown some real interest in the r430(x800) chipset above all else.
At least from what ATI said, But don' t expect dedicated memory, or even 512 of any of it for that matter.
I expect for the most part, the revolution to be composed of off the shelf, or phased out igp.
For console gaming, this is a very prudent idea.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll