Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription?
MartyC

• Total Posts : 22
Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 04, 2004 19:33
I personally would rather pay a lot for a game then not have to keep paying monthly bills.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 04, 2004 19:38
Few people would pay 100 bucks for just the game. You' re asking for a financial disaster.
MuteCity

• Total Posts : 159
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 04, 2004 20:03
I agree with lotusson....also they would be making much more with the business model they would be following, and theoretically they need to sustain an income to maintain their servers etc. not to mention a healthy profit.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 04, 2004 20:32
The Matrix Online should be no more than $34.99 with NO subscription necessary... Hell I think the subscription should be FREE to everyone who was dropped on their a$$ by Sega' s explosive E3 announcement
MartyC

• Total Posts : 22
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 04, 2004 20:47
totally free subscription would be gr8 but i didnt think bout the fact of the server maintenance, good point. but i just hate the idea of constantly having to pay for a game...
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 10, 2004 15:15
So does anyone. O well, it keep sgame servers up and stuff. Its usually worth it in the end.
ExtremeDream

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 10, 2004 18:10
I think a flat rate for a block of monthly usage would work better than month-to-month payments. Think Xbox Live; you buy an entire year of online play for $50 and don' t have to even think about it for another 12 months.
Idekii

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 10, 2004 23:20
I think there should be more MMORPGs that allow for servers other than the official servers (like some of the games on Neverwinter Nights). By doing this, you could avoid having a subscription fee attached to the game, you could keep the game running for as long as fan support exists, and you could open the door to new features.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 12, 2004 10:14
If it was $100 with no monthly fees, I would undoubtedly buy it. I like MMORPG' s, but I hate paying every month. Even if that means paying more for the game up front, it' s worth it not to have to worry every month if I' m gonna have enough to pay for FFXI.

It may not be a big deal for everyone, but it is for me. BTW I thought they canned the matrix online? If they didn' t then that' s good news
SoulOfXion

• Total Posts : 21
RE: Does anyone think that Matrix online should be like $100 but then no subscription? - Jun 14, 2004 23:08
i want it all for free, it will probably such anyways

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message