Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Rise and Fall of ECW
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
The Rise and Fall of ECW - Nov 25, 2004 06:44
Whether you love or loath pro-wrestling I suggest veiwing this documentry. Its amazing to see all the emotion that was put behind this now long dead company, the trust, friendship, and dedication between the owner Paul Heyman and his wrestlers. The movie is very long but everytime I tried to pull myself away from it for the night, I just kept watching ignore my craving for som Halo 2 and Ghost Recon 2.

5/5
10/10
100%
well probably not that high but you get the point its an amazing movie.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: The Rise and Fall of ECW - Nov 26, 2004 18:36
I am not much for pro wrestling, but I do like videogames on the subject.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: The Rise and Fall of ECW - Nov 26, 2004 20:47
Ahh. I used to be a massive fan of WCW and WWF back in the day. But in the past two years I' ve not had much to do woth Wrestling. Raven however is my fave wrestler and I like to know what he' s getting up to nowerdays in NWA-TNA

This DVD sounds interesting. I just hope it comes out in the UK some time soon. The WWE are a bit slow getting them sorted. I don' t know if the Chris Benoit or Monday Night War DVD' s are out here yet
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The Rise and Fall of ECW - Nov 26, 2004 22:59
Ya this isnt really about the wrestleing at all (altho its extra disk has a good amount of matches to watch)its actually a documentary on the company. ECW was the most controversial franchise out there and managed to pull in a cult following but never quite made it to the top. Many of todays wrestler started there at one point Ray Mysterio, RVD, Dudley Boys, and even Raven.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: The Rise and Fall of ECW - Nov 28, 2004 16:09
ECW was that good and ahead of it' s time the WWF started using their ideas and singing up their wrestlers. WCW tried doing the same but couldn' t capture the ' attitude' as well as the WWF, even if they did sign Raven and re-create his Nest group.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Rise and Fall of ECW - Nov 30, 2004 00:46
I can' t wait to get this DVD, I' ve been a huge mark for wrestling for the past 20+ years..

I think all of the Wrestling organizations at some time borrowed ideas from each other. WWF borrowed the hardcore bits of ECW..

I' ve always been mostly a WCW fan. The one thing that WCW did that other feds eventually tried to follow was let the heels run the asylum. WWF for the most part has always been a ' face' run company where the good guys overcome evil and win the brass ring (WWF/WWE Championship) and sit on top for a long time...

WCW has always let their heels have that honor. i.e- Flair being the longest running champion they ever had.

IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: The Rise and Fall of ECW - Dec 07, 2004 22:30
yeah i picked it up and it is really good stuff. but one thing that really cought me off gaurd was all the cursing in the DVD. RVD is doing comantary and he is crusing. I, of coruse, do not care if they do. But my cousins are 10 and 8 and love wresting. i was telling them that this was better than WWE and we should see it. too much. it is Still a good DVD.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Rise and Fall of ECW - Dec 08, 2004 00:30
IORI I take it you' ve never seen an ECW Pay Per View ;)
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: The Rise and Fall of ECW - Dec 16, 2004 14:20

IORI I take it you' ve never seen an ECW Pay Per View ;)

i used to watch it all the time! but that is when they were NOT with the WWE. Now that ECW was eaten up by WWE, i thought that the WWE would clean up the DVD content. i mean, it has WWE symbol at the bottom like if ECW wason WWE or something. if they were cursing in the macthes that would have been diiferent. but cursing with Michael Cole? HE' S NOT HRADCORE!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS HE IN IT WITH THEM?!?!?!??!!!?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll