Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Out Run 2 rocks
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 27, 2004 03:16
I picked this up today and I love it! Hell, it' s even BETTER than the arcade because the arcade isn' t 16:9 widescreen, and the home version is! I also love exclamation points! They rock!!!

However everyone who has played the demo of Out Run 2 that came with OXM or whatever has hated it. I wonder if the demo sucks ass or something. All I know is that this final game is great.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 27, 2004 04:05
OH CRAP!!!! I Totally forgot it came out today! It' s MINE tomorrow!
Joe Redifer

RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 27, 2004 05:44
WHAT? How could you? And you call yourself a Sega fanboy! As the world' s biggest, most tunnel-visioned Sega fanboy, I hereby strip your Sega fanboy status for ONE WEEK!
Terry Bogard

RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 27, 2004 06:08

WHAT? How could you? And you call yourself a Sega fanboy! As the world' s biggest, most tunnel-visioned Sega fanboy, I hereby strip your Sega fanboy status for ONE WEEK!

LOL... It' s funny cause I remembered the date of the import version. I also remembered the date of the U.S. release but was too busy trying to split my laptop in half with an axe that I wasn' t paying attention to the date, lol.. I HATE HewLARD Packard! I ain' t ever buying their products again!
Joe Redifer

RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 27, 2004 09:06
Yes you will. Hewlett Packard is in charge of the next Super Hang On arcade game.
Joe Redifer

RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 28, 2004 02:39
Terry must be busy playing Out Run 2 since he hasn' t posted. He' s gonna HATE that it controls almost exactly like Sega Rally games do.

Heh heh.

Edit:
They HAD to have changed one thing from the arcade. When the track splits, it goes for what seems like forever before you turn again and start the next stage. The Xbox has to load the next stage into memory and that' s how long it takes. It seems like the splits are 1/3 of the entire track. They had to be shorter on the arcade due to the arcade having twice the memory, thus not needing as much time to load the next track. Were they?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10/28/2004 2:41:56 AM >
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 28, 2004 23:57
Ah! I' m so close to getting an xbox for this. It' s one of those games that just has that Sega feel to it. It reminds you why you started playing games in the first place. Oh I want.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 29, 2004 16:30
Outrun 2 is definitely on my wishlist...just got so many obligations to get to first.

Thanks for the information, Joe!
Joe Redifer

RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 29, 2004 19:58
It' s only $40. Isn' t that worth sacrificing some food for?
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 31, 2004 00:58
At $40 Outrun 2 is an absolute bargain! You should be ashamed of yourselves for passing it up at that price!
Joe Redifer

RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 31, 2004 07:04
My review about the bonus tracks in OutRun2:

Included in Out Run 2 are a few tracks from 2 Sega arcade games that nobody knows about, Daytona 2 and Super GT (aka SCUD the Disposable Assassin). The tracks must be unlocked in the mission mode or via a password. It is definitely cool that these tracks are in the game, but they are certainly not meant to exist in Out Run 2' s world. Since Out Run 2 controls like Sega Rally, which controls differently than Daytona or that other game, these end up not being very good tracks to race on. The graphics of the bonus tracks are about 45% of the quality of the regular Out Run 2 tracks. They almost look cartoonish and lack much detail. Unfortunately they did not include the music from the original game' s tracks. Here is some pics of me (or rather, my HDTV) racing on one of the bonus tracks. I have no idea if it is from Daytona 2 or that other game:

I had to take a picture of the screen because I do not currently have a method for 480p component 16:9 video capture. Live with it. I don' t want to hear any smack about it. And if I do, well then you' ll be in trouble! What kind of trouble? Well, ummmm.... I' ll get back to you on that.

Anyway, racing these tracks it' s easy to see why Daytona 2 and that other game (whatever it' s called) barely even made arcade appearances (I think only like 10 arcades in all the world got both games... combined) and also easy to see why they never showed up on a home console. Here' s a hint: the tracks are rather... well... boring. Neat to see additional tracks in the game though.

This ends my bonus track review.
Terry Bogard

RE: Out Run 2 rocks - Oct 31, 2004 07:33

Terry must be busy playing Out Run 2 since he hasn' t posted. He' s gonna HATE that it controls almost exactly like Sega Rally games do.

Heh heh.

No way, I LOVE this game! LOL..

I actually like the way the cars control :)
The novice cars of course control the best while the more advance cars are faster and a little tougher to turn with but still tolerable. I just need to master the drifting controls so I can finally pass the stupid mission mode. Love many of the tracks especially some of the new ones like track 4.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll