Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wiicommercial becomes Youtube phenomena
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
Wiicommercial becomes Youtube phenomena - Nov 17, 2006 05:50
For some strange reason this ad for the Wii has become the most watched thing on Youtube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkS2DJ6VX_g

IMO the ad is good but not spectaular (though definately better then the crappy ps3 ads), but still it has amasses over 800,000 views and over 2346 comments!!!

I know what your thinking, its just fan boys watching it over and over. But why this ad? The first one in the Wii commercial series had just under 40,000 views with the Red steel commercial around the 140,000 views mark. But this Wii ad breaks all records (and climbing).

BTW the ps3 material barely ever reach or exceed the 50,000 views mark (from what i have seen).

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wiicommercial becomes Youtube phenomena - Nov 17, 2006 06:11
youtube has extremely low standards. If people like lonelygirl15 and Renetto can be popular then I really don' t have any faith in the judgement of the viewers. However there is a simple reason why the Wii comercial is popular, gamers keep giving links to it.
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 16 Nov 06 22:13:28 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Wiicommercial becomes Youtube phenomena - Nov 17, 2006 06:20
I don' t think it was just gamers, i think the advertisiment has people intrigued with the Wii. Like i said no other console related material has even come close to matching this feat, much less any advertisements. I believe its the No.#1 video on You tube ever.

YOu can insult the people/content on the site but one thing is clear, Wiis has got some free advertising thanks to its clever ads. First the Red Steel commercial and now this one Wiis broad based appeal seems to be working.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Wiicommercial becomes Youtube phenomena - Nov 17, 2006 06:25
I don' t know why this commercial would have more views than anything else, either. It' s not bad but I liked other commercials more. I guess it might be a sign of how anticipated the Wii is, or perhaps because, as video game commercials go, this is the most relevant one (actually showing gameplay and people playing). Another possibility is that it was aired during a popular prime-time show (Celebrity Skating or something like that, if I remember right).

The first comment for the video says that it' s vastly better than the Gamecube commercials. I really liked the Gamecube commercials! A person trapped in a cube on a dining table, viewers switching places with the people in the cubes, very surreal.

I also liked the Rubix-cube PS3 commercial. Not as a video-game commercial, but just as a commercial. That demonic baby made no sense, though.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll