Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Are PS3 games really running off finalized PS3 hardware?!?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Are PS3 games really running off finalized PS3 hardware?!? - May 17, 2005 01:31
I just watched the Killzone 2 vid and it looked amazing (albeit highly scripted), but then that reminded me of Halo 2. Remember the first time Microsoft showed H2 at E3? Remember how mind blowing those graphics were? Now, remember how H2 ended up looking? Graphics got downgraded and didn' t live up to what Microsoft originally showed.

Microsoft did it with Halo 2, why isn' t it just as believable that Sony did the same with Killzone 2? But then that got me to thinking of something else. Remember the first showing of PDZ on MTV? Looked pretty crappy huh? Then we all found out PDZ wasn' t even close to running on finalized hardware and once we saw some real screenshots of PDZ they were mind blowing.

Which brings me to my main point.

If PDZ wasn' t running on finalized hardware, how can PS3 games already be running on finalized hardware considering the PS3' s release is still a way' s off? I' m not flat saying the PS3 isn' t capable of graphics that level, but considering Sony' s past something fishy may be going on. Until we see some real time vids there' s always that chance that Sony may be pulling another Halo 2.
AlphaX

• Total Posts : 16
RE: Are PS3 games really running off finalized PS3 hardware?!? - May 17, 2005 02:19
Sony could well be trying to pull a fast one , and after watching the xbox 360 conf i gotta say the game demos they showed were very poor graphically.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Are PS3 games really running off finalized PS3 hardware?!? - May 17, 2005 03:01
Sony loves to deceive people, so it is a good thing to assume that everything you see is NOT running on the finalized hardware in real time until proven otherwise. Same goes with the Xbox360 and even the Revolution. I really liked how on Unreal Engine 3 (what a stupid name for a game) it sped up and went into slow motion all over the place. Who would want to play a game with all that crap interfering? It didn' t even show a single playable camera angle, therefore it must be all pre-rendered.

The only non-prerendered footage I' ve seen so far was Ghost Recon 3 for the Xbox360. It had the HUD on the screen and everything. They weren' t afraid to show the game as the player will see it. Looked good, too. But it was probably running on a Mac, because Macs are awesome.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Are PS3 games really running off finalized PS3 hardware?!? - May 17, 2005 07:08
Same thing happened with PS2 and Gamecube don' t forget. How much did everyone drool over the infamous Zelda battle in the first gamecube videos.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Are PS3 games really running off finalized PS3 hardware?!? - May 17, 2005 10:07
Killzone 2 is sounding more and more like vaporware at this point.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614924p1.aspx

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message