Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Anniversary Collection isn’t much of a “collection”
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
The Anniversary Collection isn’t much of a “collection” - Sep 05, 2004 21:33
I am of course talking about the recently released Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for the PS2. Now excuse me for not following the progress of the title till completion, but when I read Anniversary Collection -- I was expecting more than that!

You get
Hyper Street Fighter II (a collection of Street Fighter 2’s)
Street Fighter 3 Double Impact
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
And…..

Sorry. There is no and. That’s freakin it!

Even at a retail price of 30 bucks I still consider that a rip-off! Where’s Street Fighter 1? And what about the entire Alpha Series? Are those not considered Street Fighters either?!?

Capcom should have thrown in every Street Fighter and Street Fighter related game under the sun.

Street Fighter 1
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 3
Street Fighter Alpha 1
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter
Street Fighter The Movie
Puzzle Fighter 1-2
Street Fighter EX 1-3

I would have paid a full 50 for a collection that complete. But Capcom is really only giving you two games here… two games out of a dozen to choose from. That’s freakin’ pathetic!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: The Anniversary Collection isn’t much of a “collection” - Sep 06, 2004 02:10
It bites that companies think they can produce these compilations with every version of one franchise, and maybe one or two other games, and call it an ' Anthology' .

When will they stop shoving sh** compilations?

Answer: When people stop buying them...someone must be buying these things, ' cause the companies keep making them.

Maybe next time, fathoms...maybe next time...
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: The Anniversary Collection isn’t much of a “collection” - Sep 06, 2004 03:57
I was glad to hear that a collection was coming out but was turned off that it was a small portion of what there was to choose from.

Another collection is the mega man one which I think did a good job making it a collection/compilation even if it didn' t put in ALL the Mega man games
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The Anniversary Collection isn’t much of a “collection” - Sep 06, 2004 04:20
I' d rather play these games on my Saturn anyway, simply because of the control pad. And since I can use my saturn controller on my Dreamcast, Street Fighter 3 and other SF games that were released on that console play better than the PS2 version as well.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: The Anniversary Collection isn’t much of a “collection” - Sep 06, 2004 06:41
DaRoosh: " Street Fighter," fortunately or unfortunately, no longer carries enough clout in this industry to matter. Only the aging gaming community (you and I and others here), who are indeed in the minority, are even aware of SF' s vaunted past. Street Fighter has only had horrendous installments most recently, and this has resulted (wrongly) in the newer gamers considering the SF series to be a laughingstock when it comes to fighters.

Collections such as these are designed as a last gasp to keep the brand name alive, and turn new gamers onto the way SF once was (which is to say, GOOD). Unfortunately, as lotusson has already claimed, it doesn' t seem like they succeeded...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The Anniversary Collection isn’t much of a “collection” - Sep 06, 2004 22:58
If the collection only contained Super Street Fighter II: Turbo and Street Fighter Alpha 3 I' d snatch it up in an instant... But as it is, the games in it don' t interest me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll