Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter)
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Burnout 3 - Takedown (off the shelves and exchange money for it at the counter) - Sep 13, 2004 00:39
Anybody here get hold of it? Seems the magazines and web pages agree the game is something special. And when something like that happens you can' t really ignore the game, can you? I couldn' t anyway. Being a seasoned gamer I finally felt the need to see what all the fuss was about. After a few hours of play (the game being 7% complete as it stands now) I can safely say the hype is true. Burnout 3 is possibly the best racing game I' ve played since Metropolis Street Racer (lol, have I missed out on Project Gothem there?). It' s really, really good anyway.

Straight forward racing is fun just because you can do what I' ve been trying to do in driving games since the first one I played. I' m talking about ramming your rivals off the road. In other racing games a swift nudge might benefit you but it never seemed to really pay off. Most racing games would rather you do things properly and professionally; make like Michal Schumacher and take the inside line or outbreak drivers on corners (Bad example as I can' t remember Michal Schumacher actually taking over anyone on track this season...). While still technically fun to watch when done right, shunting a rival from behind and watching in awe as they clip the scenery and fly in slow motion over past your car, is much more impressive. Good gawd, the ' Takedown' feature rocks.

I' m 7% through and if the other 93% is as fun as this I' ll be a happy man. There' s still the crash mode to perfect only having come across two of the 40 junctions and a whole heap of cars to uncover.

I' d recommend this to you all in a heartbeat.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 9/13/2004 12:50:22 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message