Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like! - Jun 30, 2004 15:53
TEKKEN ADVANCE sorta maybe almost kinda rocks! hehe...

Received a bunch of Gameboy Advance games the other day and this was one of them. I' ve hated every version of Tekken until now. Given the limited 3D capabilities of the system I' d say Namco did a decent job. The sound is good, the graphics while pixelated are still decent and the gameplay works well on Nintendo' s portable.

Makes me wish Virtua Fighter was released on the GBA. Hopefully we' ll get such a thing on the PSP or DS.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like! - Jun 30, 2004 20:21
thats awesome.....glad to hear that theres another good gba fighter out there....i' ll def pick that up. i just got the new dbz; supersonic warriors which has been a lot of fun, but this sounds solid too. woot!
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like! - Jun 30, 2004 20:30
Oh, you' re hallucinating, Terry. Tekken can' t be good. Ever.

I thought you understood that. Traitor. [:' (]
Terry Bogard

RE: Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like! - Jun 30, 2004 21:18
Hey I never said it was ' GOOD' good :p.. I said It' s kinda sorta maybe almost good ;).

I think I probably like it a little because I only have two fighting games for the GBA and AMAZINGLY enough Tekken Advance feels slightly more enjoyable than Guilty Gear for the GBA.

Once I get my true GBA fighting games- Super Street Fighter II and Street Fighter Zero 3, I' ll go back to hating Tekken completely ;)
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like! - Jul 01, 2004 00:23
If a Virtua Figher game is planned for the launch of the PSP, I' ll definately import the handheld! And the game too!

Tekken Advance though I' ll check it out as soon as I get a chance!
fathoms

RE: Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like! - Jul 01, 2004 12:34
Terry: Is your biggest problem with the Tekken series the same as mine? The whole, press a button, go make a sandwich, come back, and the character MIGHT have finally punched?

Terry Bogard

RE: Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like! - Jul 01, 2004 13:25
That' s just only ONE of my problems with the series, lol..

The stiff character movements just compounded the problems created by the clunky controls.

The whole fighting experience just didn' t seem smooth... I hated the coin-op version of Tekken Tag Tournament the first time I played it that I even walked away from it before round 1 ended. I' ve only done such a thing with 1 other game and that was Capcom' s JoJo' s fighting game in the arcade.
fathoms

RE: Holy crap! I actually found a Tekken game I kinda like! - Jul 01, 2004 14:41
LOL

I' ll say this. I' m not a big fighting game fan. In fact, I hardly ever play them. But even I can tell when games are cursed with clunky control and robotic movements. My friends adored the Tekken series (and probably still do), claiming that it' s " easily the best fighting series ever." They can' t stand games like VF 4 because they say they' re " unnecessarily hard," and it' s " not realistic."

As if Tekken is.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message