Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wow... I just brought a Zelda Bundle Disc for 10 bucks
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Wow... I just brought a Zelda Bundle Disc for 10 bucks - Jan 05, 2004 02:37
For those who don' t know (which is probably everyone because I never told anybody) I work at a videogame store, Game Crazy to be exact. Yesterday I' m doing my usual selling and buying of videogames when a kid (around 13) walks in with a couple games to trade in. He asks if he can trade in these games and before he says another word I tell him he has to have his parents with him to trade in. He says his parents aren' t with him but he had permission to trade in those games. I said it won' t fly and he' ll have to come back with his parents.

I then look down and notice the kid has the Tetris/Star War bundle disc, some other game, and a copy of the Zelda Bundle Disc. He then asks he if anyone would want to " buy" his games for cash. Again, I tell the kid no go. So he heads for the door and I get ready for the next customer. Then a little light went off inside my head and I realize.... the kid has a freakin' copy of the Zelda bundle disc waiting to be brought.

Quickly I look up the disc in our computers to see what the going price is for it. If I was going to buy the disc I didn' t want to outright screw the kid over. Turns out we don' t even take the game in for trade. He couldn' t had traded in the game even if he had his parents with him.

My mind races. How much money do I have in my pocket? Damn... Only a 20. And I wasn' t giving the kid a full 20 for the game. Mainly because I emptied my bank account to afford classes this semester and 20 bucks was all I had to live off of until pay day.

Immediately I ask the other employee there to open the cash register. And I ask him, in the most polite of voices....

Give me change for 20.

I look outside. The kid is chatting with his friends about what to do next. They' re all on their bikes and is getting ready to ride off. I rush out the door and say to the kid, " Hey, I' ll give you 10 bucks for the disc but first I gotta check it out to make sure it works."

He patiently waits outside while I run back into the store to check out the disc. I pop it into the Game Cube. Everything checks out fine. I run back outside and hand the kid 10 bucks. I then tell him that if he wants to trade in the rest of those games he can just come back with his parents. He says okay and rides off.

I walk back inside. The other employee reminds me that, " You know you can get fired for that, right? But I hate the store manager so I won' t say anything." I smile in delight. I never really wanted the bundle disc, but the chance to buy it for 10 bucks was too strong. Now I' m sitting pretty with all the classic Zelda on one single disc. So the only thing I' m wondering now is....

Do you think I should buy a Game Cube to go with this bundle disc?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Wow... I just brought a Zelda Bundle Disc for 10 bucks - Jan 08, 2004 12:59
LMAO. You bought it and you dont have a cube? I cant really blame you when I tink about it. You should get a used one. I think it would be well worth it, and this is coming from an XBox fan.
Tshirts

• Total Posts : 8
RE: Wow... I just brought a Zelda Bundle Disc for 10 bucks - Jan 13, 2004 03:17
I' ll buy the bundle off of you for $5

USA OK !

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages