Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The 10 worst Violent Videogames
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
The 10 worst Violent Videogames - Nov 26, 2004 20:13
This one is funny. Protesters against violent videogames have come up with their top 10 main offenders in a hope to highlight them, stop people buying them and get them banned. From CVG…

The parties involved are Mothers Against Violence, the Center for Advancement of Public Policy, the Interfaith Centre on Corporate Responsibility, the National Council of Women' s Organizations, and New York City Council' s Oversight and Investigations Committee.

And without further a-doo here is the top 10 in no particular order.

1) Doom 3
2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
3) Gunslinger Girls 2
4) Half Life 2
5) Halo 2
6) Hitman: Blood Money (currently scheduled for 2005 release);
7) Manhunt
8) Mortal Kombat: Deception
9) Postal 2
10) Shadow Heart

What a load of bollocks. CVG points out in their article, Hitman: Blood Money isn’t even out yet and Gunslinger Girls 2 is available on import only.

The inclusion of GTA, Manhunt, Mortal Kombat and Postal 2 is just so predictable. But Halo 2, Half Life 2 and Doom 3… I don’t know why but I forgot these games would be considered violent. I know they are but they are FPS and are by default violent. You just kind of expect a certain amount of violence from them. It’s not like they are particularly over the top with it either and are possibly some of the best games this year.

The final inclusion baffles me to no end. Shadow Hearts? Are they talking about the same Shadow Hearts I think, that RPG? What a waste of time. It saps any credibility the list may have had. Why not put more truly violent games on there. Max Payne 2 maybe.

Bloody hell.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message