Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I need this game badly
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 04:28
What do you guys think of the new stranglehold video, for a game almost a year off, it looks pretty impressive. I' m loving the facial animation & destructability, & this will totally hold me over until they announce the next Max Payne. it' s using the unreal engine, but I think the did a great job at letting it look different from the other unreal based games. The controls also seem pretty tight. Well let me know what you guys think.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1739
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 05:07

What do you guys think of the new stranglehold video, for a game almost a year off, it looks pretty impressive. I' m loving the facial animation & destructability, & this will totally hold me over until they announce the next Max Payne. it' s using the unreal engine, but I think the did a great job at letting it look different from the other unreal based games. The controls also seem pretty tight. Well let me know what you guys think.

Iv been keeping watch of it as well! the trailers look really good, so what im curious about are the control, im waiting for hands on reports to tell me whether to get more excited about the game!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 05:57
It does look amazing, I hope John Woo actually captures the feel of Gun Action movies.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 06:53
Animations look a bit dodgy so far from what I' ve seen eg the way Chow flips up from his back, slides along long tables etc, there' s like 20 frames missing. Any game like this should have animation at the top of the list of priorities.

If they fix that kinda thing, which they have tonnes of time to do, the game should be incredible.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 10:32
It caught my interest with these new videos. But it' s still just Max Payne with
a fat chinese bloke (No pun intended).

I didn' t really like Max Payne to be frank. There' s a certain cliche amongst slow
motion nowadays... It needs to be changed!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 10:51
I' m not a fan of Max Payne either, but this looks to be good. Just give them the rest of the dev-time, & imagine what they' ll turn out.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 13:21
I don' t usually like third person shooters. They have unavoidable camera problems, if not that your character is blocking your view of what you want to kill. They' re too fustrating.

Its also much harder to be immersed in a third person shooter, I always feel like I' m too detached, its too much fun to watch my character die to care enough to beat anyone else.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 17 Oct 06 0:57:39 >
Vx Chemical

RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 14:29
Max Payne is the king of slow motion shooters, they were the first to do it, baring ofcourse the matrix!

The story was absoluttely superb (with the exception of some of the dream levels) both MP games are absolutly super titles!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 14:38
The gameplay for Max Pain was boring but I had to play it for the atmosphere and the story. Love twisted shit like that, its like Twisted Metal Black, damn fine game.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 17 Oct 06 0:58:13 >
Vx Chemical

RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 15:54
I didnt find it boring, :P as you can tell i found it peach perfect!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 16:19
Well I love Hard-Boiled and love John Woo and Chow Yun Fat flicks add that to my enjoyment of Max Payne and how could I pass on this?

If it captures the style of thier movies then it should be pretty cool. Tho the thing I heard last about the controls has me a bit curious. What was said is that those signiture style crazy ass moves are location sensitive so you dont ever have to push a button. This is supposed to allow you freedom to focus on shooting allowing for a more fluid gameplay. But it seems like it could be troublesome...dunno yet.

But at least you can blow every single thing up and it wont magically dissappear. Plus Im glad games are starting to put more attention to body damage. Like in Hitman and The Punisher where your character and the enemies get shot there will be a blood spots and what not..wonder if they' ll go all out and allow for full on body damage. Heads splattering and limbs flying...
Vx Chemical

RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 16:32

But at least you can blow every single thing up and it wont magically dissappear. Plus Im glad games are starting to put more attention to body damage. Like in Hitman and The Punisher where your character and the enemies get shot there will be a blood spots and what not..wonder if they' ll go all out and allow for full on body damage. Heads splattering and limbs flying...

Soldier of Fortune where art thou
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 16, 2006 16:35
Yeah Im waiting for a game that goes all out with body dammage. And not pre animated stuff or specific spots on the body I wanna run in with a chainsaw or sword or even a shotgun take aim at any random spot and remove that section of the body...heheh a bit twisted but like with rag doll physics It leads to lotsa of sick and pointless fun.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 16 Oct 06 8:35:31 >
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 17, 2006 04:28

Yeah Im waiting for a game that goes all out with body dammage. And not pre animated stuff or specific spots on the body I wanna run in with a chainsaw or sword or even a shotgun take aim at any random spot and remove that section of the body...heheh a bit twisted but like with rag doll physics It leads to lotsa of sick and pointless fun

Maybe if they adapted the Euphoria and the " digital molecular matter" engine from the upcoming Indiana Jones game...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: I need this game badly - Oct 17, 2006 10:03

I wanna run in with a chainsaw or sword or even a shotgun take aim at any random spot and remove that section of the body...heheh a bit twisted
A bit twisted?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message