Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 24, 2004 01:08
Hi everyone, check out Kikizo' s latest site skin, this time from Gizmondo...

on the homepage right now, https://www.kikizo.com

Whaddya think? The last skin was Ninja Gaiden and that was back in May/June I think. :) (see it here)

Make sure you be clickin' all the ads now...!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 24, 2004 01:10
Ya I noted that earlier today, it looks pretty cool.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 24, 2004 20:21
Not bad... change is good from time to time. :)
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 24, 2004 21:15
Looks good I change the skins on my browser all the time too-- change is good--repetitiveness is boring!
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 24, 2004 21:35
hey thats really cool, but i really liked the ninja gaiden one.heres another idea 4 your next kikizo skin. Dead or Alive ultimate skin, sweet right.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 25, 2004 00:09
Wow the skins really look awesome. I can' t wait to see some more... but it takes sooo long to load because of my stupid 56k or maybe it' s the ads...
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 25, 2004 20:13
lol, very nice. I think I mentioned it somewhere else too.

Adam, has this anything to do with CSS?
Adam Doree

RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 27, 2004 00:45

Adam, has this anything to do with CSS?

Not really. Sometimes this is the case - typically with lesser site skins that just " change colours" . In this case it is only graphics that change and no CSS alteration at all. Though in some cases CSS would be necessary.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 28, 2004 14:41
Ahh, okay. I' m having a little trouble figuring CSS out but can see how the site is changed now, without CSS.

One more question... what exactly is the Gizmondo? And why did they have to give it such a stupid name?
Adam Doree

RE: Kikizo - Gizmondo Site Skin! - Nov 28, 2004 14:57
Gizmondo is a new handheld which to be honest I don' t know all that much about but naturally I am going to tell you it' s great. I saw it on show at this year' s EGN and it has been very critically acclaimed by most people I know, it is overflowing with features and it plays movies, music, etc. take a look at their site.

As for the name, I think it was originally going to be called Gametrac, but they couldn' t call it that since someone else owned a very similar name.

More info from the Giz site:

GAMING

Gizmondo sets the standard for mobile gaming. With 400Mhz of processor power, a state of the art graphics chip from Nvidia and a huge, high resolution TFT screen, Gizmondo totally outclasses all other mobile gaming devices.

Built-in GPS technology allows players to discover the true meaning of mobile gaming. Some of the most exciting, innovative and interactive experiences the gaming industry has ever seen are currently in development.

High quality multi-level games can be installed through an SD card or downloaded remotely via the mobile phone network.

Unlike other mobile gaming devices, Gizmondo puts you in total control with an eight-way D-Pad, left and right triggers and four face buttons.

CAMERA

An integrated digital camera allows users to capture and share moments with friends through Gizmondo' s MMS capabilities. These can be sent to both Gizmondo devices and other mobile handsets or PDAs.

A ' My Friends' area in the Gizmondo device allows users to collect and store their friends' images.

MUSIC

The built-in Windows® multimedia MP3 facility enables users to download and enjoy their music on the move, in digital quality through the stereo headset socket.

The device' s digital encryption technology uses digital handshake, restricted access and ' destruct at engagement' methods to prohibit piracy and theft.

The operating system enables easy downloading of music files while Gizmondo' s integrated SD flash card reader lets users mix and store endless selections of music.

Gizmondo' s unique Smart Adds system allows the music industry to deliver customized, feature-rich content via MMS.

MOVIES

Thanks to its Windows® CE operating system, Gizmondo has the most advanced video playback functionality ever seen on a mobile gaming device.

The opportunities for feature-rich media are endless. Not only is it possible to view and send video clips like music videos or film previews, but enabling technology will eventually allow users to view entire feature films.

Windows® Media Player 9 enables MPEG 4 video format viewing on Gizmondo' s high resolution TFT screen.

There' s tonnes more, like Messaging, GPS, GPRS, Bluetooth, 2.8" LCD screen...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll