Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 01:09
Check out MS' main advert for the 360 in INDIA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM5Din5kbak

I' m pretty this makes sense in Bollywood India...

Btw, when the guy goes back to talk to his wife after he gets the roti prata (the flat dough), he' s saying " Where' s the ghee?"

Ghee' s just really fatty butter.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 01:18
Yup , but even us indians found it quite weird ... By the way , parhata aint nothing without GHEE ....
Byakko

RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 01:23
Do you usually eat ghee spread over the prata (kinda like bread and butter), or is it used in the dough, or both?

In Singapore, we usually just eat it with whatever curry or sugar; even the Indians. Prolly cos it' s hard to come by good industrial size ghee vats anymore...only in Malaysia...

PS: Didn' t know you were an Indian 2pac What' s the gaming culture like over there?
2pac

RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 01:30
Its pretty much like how bread and butter go together ... Gaming culture ?? Xbox 360 is probably the first console which launched within one year of its global launch ..The ps2 was released 2 yrs ago here and i dnt think the xbox was ever officially avaviable here .. I had to import both my xbox and ps2 ... India is still pretty much a pc centric market .. Its changing though , heard the x360 is selling well ... But it costs like 550$ here .. Piracy is what discouraged microsoft and sony from launching consoles in india , until now that is ...
Byakko

RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 01:34
Hm, I see. Pretty much the same situation in China.

Huge markets, but piracy kills the software sales (although hardware sales at least, should be huge).

With MS' online network, which naturally check for ' modded' 360s, do you think it' s enough to discourage Xbox piracy in India? Some of the chips can just be turned on or off though...plus, there are those who know how to hack the box/360 so that they go online on private networks instead of Microsoft' s...
2pac

RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 01:39

ORIGINAL: Byakko

With MS' online network, which naturally check for ' modded' 360s, do you think it' s enough to discourage Xbox piracy in India? Some of the chips can just be turned on or off though...plus, there are those who know how to hack the box/360 so that they go online on private networks instead of Microsoft' s...

I saw a pirated x360 goin for half the market price yesterday ... But i guess owning a 360 without xbox live doesnt make sense so ppl should stop buying the modded 360' s ...Still with such a price difference ppl with no interest in online gaming will be tempted to buy the modded ones ...
Byakko

RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 01:43
Very true. I admit though, I never got into Xbox Live but it was a personal issue (my Internet point is far, far FAR from my living room =/).

However, since online gaming is pretty much 360' s forte, the one that would really get hurt is the PS2/PS3, even though now they' re hosting some kind of online network.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 02:15
That ad was berserk. Now if only there were actually some games for 360 that weird and interesting!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 06:15
I never liked the Indian culture, this as is quite silly.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 06:17
Disgusting ADV.

SHAME ON YOU MS.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 09:13
Oh well, MS has India (if thats considered an accomplishment), even if it does have retarded ads. The Indians probally love the commercial
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 09:17

I never liked the Indian culture, this as is quite silly.

Are you kidding me? Indian culture is great! Fantastic cuisine, amazing funky music, and a pantheon of sensual gods and goddesses... stellar all around. Not to mention some of great literature and mathematicians who were in effect since waaaay back. The only thing I don' t like is the caste system, but every culture has some less than pleasant aspects.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 09:59
If it wasnt for Indians, we never would have found america
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 10:13
This commercial is no more fucked up or " stranger" than any other Indian commercial.
2pac

RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 16:59
That ad has nothing to do with the Indian culture ... Its just the work of some twisted , weird Copy writer .... Anyways , stop hating .... INDIA RULES
Byakko

RE: And you thought the Wii/PS3-mmercials were weird - Nov 18, 2006 18:56
Meh, Bollywood kicks Hollywood' s ASS! While dancing to bangra (sp?) XD

AND with a banana tree XD XD XD

...you really won' t get the joke if you don' t know jack about Indian culture -.-...

Personally, I think the commercial should have been more Bollywood, less Superman meets Mr Fantastic. Bangra music, banana trees, AND synchronized dancing! It' ll be da bomb!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll