Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 About christian lorenz art...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
About christian lorenz art... - Apr 30, 2006 09:09
So he worked on movies like matrix,titanic,fifth element and day after tomorrow and done art to them,well he also did it in the FF movie and FF9.

And is now gonna do Art for Lost odyssey.

Can unreal engine 3.0 in any way make his art come true?

http://www.christianlorenzscheurer.com/htmlpages/paintings/paintings_citysketch.aspx

http://www.christianlorenzscheurer.com/htmlpages/htmlmenue/paintings_menue.aspx

O_o??
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 30 Apr 06 1:09:45 >
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: About christian lorenz art... - Apr 30, 2006 17:47
the unreal 3.0 is capable of mind boggling things.

I think it' s very possible.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: About christian lorenz art... - May 01, 2006 01:28
I think that guy has got good technique but I don' t like his pictures for some reason. I find the character and building designs to be very boring compared to other concept artists.
QuezcatoL

RE: About christian lorenz art... - May 01, 2006 01:53
You played FF9?
Then you know he did Alexandria and dali village and that dwarf village with all these dwars saying ralli-hooo.

That is some of the most beatiuful places in FF serie ever,and if you look at his art,they just copied it 99% into CG.

My hands down to him.

But i guess he got a special sci-fi look on what he does...thats why he made art to FF movie and fifth element and matrix cause it suit him.
ginjirou

RE: About christian lorenz art... - May 01, 2006 02:03
He' s a sure bet if you need a good concept artist for big money productions. He sure does very beautiful things.
But he' s like Keanu Reeves (who starred in Matrix if you remember) or Bruce Willis (Fifth Element).
As a Swedish movie reviewer described Reeves: He' s a hot-dog. It' s good, you know what you get, it' s a sure bet, but then it' s nothing special either.
That' s just my opinion though. Everyone else probably thinks Lorentz is the best guy in the world and I can see why. But I feel I' ve seen better.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 30 Apr 06 18:04:14 >
QuezcatoL

RE: About christian lorenz art... - May 01, 2006 02:05
No its fine if you think that,i can understand what you mean,but his paintings is basically him doing something for himnself i think...

I would assume that if he got direction on what to make his true skills shows :)
ginjirou

RE: About christian lorenz art... - May 01, 2006 02:37
One of my favourite character designers is Testuya Nomura, even though his technique might not be on the same level as Lorentz. I like him mostly because of his characters in FFVII. I find them to be very unique.
Another concept artist I like is Andrew Jones who pretty much made everything in the Metroid Prime series.
There' s lots of other artists I like but sadly I never remember any names.
One of my favourite artists of all time is M.C. Escher. Not only was his technique amazing but his ideas keep surprising us still today.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 30 Apr 06 18:38:03 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message