Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crackdown too good to be true
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Crackdown too good to be true - May 15, 2007 05:54
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200705/044.asp

Last week Microsoft and Realtime Worlds dropped a massive amount of downloadable content on Crackdown owners in the form of three batches of content for the popular action game. Then the troubles began.

Realtime Worlds, the developer of the super-cops-' n' -robbers Xbox 360 game, acknowledged on Friday that the content is causing hassles for some people, including wiping their saves, essentially resetting the game.

And I thought the updates were going to be pretty cool. Did anyone get them? If so, have you had any problems
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Crackdown too good to be true - May 15, 2007 06:30
WHat is the problem? :P
99.9% of the people who dl that already finished the campaign,and its not like the enemy + bosses is in the way or annmoying if you just collect orbs.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crackdown too good to be true - May 15, 2007 06:44
It' s happened to people that after applying the title update (not the DLC) the person went straight into a co-op session as the client. When they left the session ther saves were wiped.

It' s an odd fuck up. I don' t think they' re sure as to how it happened and i don' t know whether they' ve already addressed it or whether it' s still a problem.

However, it can be avoided by:

1. Signing into Xbox Live
2. Starting Crackdown and receiving the Title Update
3. Beginning a Single Player Campaign game
4. Once loaded, press Start and choose “Quit”
5. Reboot Crackdown (soft reboot or hard reboot of console)

That won' t fix it if you' ve already been affected but if you haven' t then it' ll make sure you' re safe.

As for the DLC, i downloaded both the free ' Free-For-All' and premium ' Getting Busy Bonus Pack' and it kicks ass. The new vehicles and weapons are great additions but the ' Keys To The City' mode where you can bring up a menu with the ' Back' button and select things like god mode, unlimited ammo, spawn hit squads, spawn any agency vehicle, change the time of day (awesome!), apply super powers (the running and jumping is freakin' incredible) and tons of other shit is definitely the coolest thing available. It' s 800 MS Points though.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Crackdown too good to be true - May 15, 2007 08:00
I thought the Keys to the City was part of the free stuff? And that the 800 went into vehicles, weapons, Street Racing, Rocket Tag, Stockpile, Checkpoint race, and whatever else.

Either way the new stuff is fun as hell especially barrel dominos.

Also about that glitch. I dunno if it happened to me or not since I already beat the main game and pretty muchjust play around with the new stuff with Chickapoo88.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 15 May 07 0:01:57 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Crackdown too good to be true - May 16, 2007 06:42

And I thought the updates were going to be pretty cool. Did anyone get them? If so, have you had any problems

Yes, my problem is I feel like I paid $10(800 points) for 3 weapons, 3 cars, and a mode for co-op that really is mediocre.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Crackdown too good to be true - May 17, 2007 00:54
Die_Hounderdoggen is buying it, so I think I' ll just co-op with him.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll