Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 41
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 01, 2006 23:31
YEAH BABY!!!

TOUCH DOWN! Kikizo has invaded beautifully seedy Downtown Los Angeles!!
1 day till the first press conference.
3 days till the show!!

<-- Has left the mountains of Thailand after going through some extremely rigorous training in preparation for the show. Throwing knees and kicking coconut trees with my shin, Muay Thai style. Doing situps while hanging upside down from a tree with ropes holding me up by my ankles, and practicing evasive techniques by dodging hundreds of Atari 2600 E.T. cartridges being shot at me in rapid succession.

All this while the Rocky IV training montage played in the background! The incredibly catchy melodies of that song inspired me to ascend the mountains, instilling the belief in me that I CAN DO IT!!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 7 May 06 20:32:07 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 01, 2006 23:38
I' m so excited even though i' m not going but hope you guys have fun for all of us that won' t be there (.....).
Willco

• Total Posts : 76
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 00:07
When Adam & Co. arrive for E3, Carl and I have affectionately starting referring to it as The British Invasion.

Also, why all the rigorous training? The only thing you need to have a firm grasp of is tolerance to alcohol and the ability to withstand large crowds of obnoxious people.

EDIT: Wow, you guys are flying in on the weekend? That is great.
< Message edited by Willco -- 1 May 06 16:08:25 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 00:27
Damn you all!

I mean, not only could i not get a pass, i instead chose to go to New York for the same week, thinking at the time that i wouldn' t really mind catching up when i get back, -- but now that it' s almost upon us i' m super-pissed!!!

It sucks MAJOR ass that i' m going to completely miss out on the event as they happen, since there' s no chance in hell i' m sitting and trying to catch up using my PDA!

It' ll be the 14th before i get back and then i' ll need to start taking everything in.

Damn you all!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 01:37
didnt you do this last year?

anyway, who excatly is going? like your team? I know Adam, Rampage, Terry, Alex guy who dosent post here but works for kikizo. I assume their are more. How do you guys met anyway? You live in different regions and territories, its not like, ' yeah met me at the front door' . Is it the hotel or airport or what? just want to know.

And where are you going to go first? are you going to go around screaming ' SEGA!! LIVES!!!' or just get a list and tick things off. Course adam wont do that because he allready knows everything thats going to happen at e3. But be nice to him, since he lets you go. for free allmost. lucky guy.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 01:45
Just look on the proverbial BRIGHT side Majik. When you do take it all in you' ll be happy to be alive and happy to be supporting one of the greatest industries on our planet!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 02:19
Hahahahahaha...

Yeah but how can i have fun in New York when E3 is going on in LA and i won' t know what Nintendo have announced or what Sony' s controller looks like until i get back, and then i' ll have just spent several hours sitting in uncomfortable seats on a aeroplane.

It' s not all that bad though because at least i won' t be waiting for the next bit of information, it' ll all be nicely compiled on the various sites (you' ll have a dedicated E3 2006 section right?) and with any luck, most of the demos from the showfloor will be available already on Xbox Live Marketplace.

I seriously can' t wait. This is my favourite time of the year, and with any luck in the coming years i' ll be able to hit E3 just like everybody else.

Terry, are you going to TGS this year?!
Willco

RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 02:38
I have no idea who all Adam is bringing this year, but I think Carl and I are the only stateside compadres joining the Kikizo crew this year.

Everyone has cell phones, it' s not that hard for everyone to sync up. And we usually all end up meeting at a conference, the show or a bar.

Adam wanted me to write a tongue in cheek bit on how Kikizo operates during E3 last year and I never got around to it, but since I live in Los Angeles, I' ll do one if Captain Doree warrants it.
Silentbomber

RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 04:22
how many in total?

must be a good few.
Willco

RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 05:10
I honestly don' t know, but we' ll have more than enough to give you around the clock coverage from the show floor, including high quality videos and exciting reviews!

I am such a shill.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 07:50
I' m the newb at this!!! I' m flying in on Tuesday. I don' t know where to meet you guys or anything.
Willco

RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 08:00
Look for the nearest bar.
Silentbomber

RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 08:04
Do you go in as a group or did adam post all your e3 invites and go in seprately?
Rampage99

RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 08:09
Adam just told me everything was taken care of, lol.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 08:28
Hey! Lets like go on a school (forum in this case) feild trip with Kikizo!
Willco

RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 08:30
Here' s how it works. Adam has registered you with the ESA or what body now governs the conference. I believe as soon as the press conferences start, on Monday or so, you can go to the Convention Center during business hours, to the media desk and pick up your badge. They' ll ask for ID, look on the list and if you' re there, they print you up a shiny badge.

Now you crazy foriegners have to get into a special line, I believe.

As for covering E3, Adam or whomever is sober, will usually designate a place to meet and confer prior to the doors to the hall opening, handing out duties and then the game is on. It' s busy and hectic and crazy and sometimes fun, but usually somewhere in between disappointing and fun.
< Message edited by Willco -- 2 May 06 0:33:12 >
Rampage99

RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 08:58
I' m no foriegner, lol.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 15:27
It is cool to see how stuff like this goes on within the press.
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 17:04
" ...guy who dosent post here but works for kikizo" .

If that' s me then it' s a yes; add one more to the British Invasion.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: E3 COUNTDOWN!!!1!! - May 02, 2006 17:37
Yeah we should all go on a filed trip with kikizo....anyway listening to you guys plan your trip to e3 is both exciting and depressing to me so i' ll just pretend i' m going for the moment to lessen the blow.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 41

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message