Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3, here I come...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 10:26
Yeah, that' s right. I' m sold. Completely heads over heels sold. I just watched the MGS4 trailer and by God... I swear I have never been so impressed by next gen other than Gears of War(visually). MGS4 is now my third most wanted next-gen title. Oblivion, Gears of War, MGS4. Anyone looking for any body parts? I' m looking to sell the parts of body I don' t need. I gotta be able to afford that PS3 some how.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 10:46
Glad to see you so excited, Rampage99.

Don' t you worry that Sony has a track record of having semi-serious console-launch issues?

M$ had them too (I know) - but ever since that single event, mine has worked perfectly for both movies and gaming.

Too many, of the people I know, have been frustrated over their PS2' s going bonkers. Most have purchased a replacement only to have that system end up the same way.

That' s not for me...but I do applaud your loyalty upon being convinced

(...same way with me and the XBOX 360.)
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 10:51
Haven' t seen the trailers, but I do imagine they' re awsome. I just have a nasty gut feeling that the PS3 may be shunned a little this generation because of the price. If that' s the case, could look bad on games end eventually. I wish I could afford all, but that' s obviously going to be the system I don' t get I' ve decided. X-box 360 after the first price drop, and hopefully a revolution at launch. What' s interesting to me, is since they' re making MGS4 look so good on PS3, will they NOT release it for other systems, or will they simply retool the graphics entirely for the other systems.
Rampage99

RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 10:52
Oh, I know happy crappy the hardware was on the PS2. Not a single person I know hasn' t had their repaired or completely replaced. I am worried a bit about the hardware of course, but it' s all about the games. I want MGS4 so I have to get a PS3. You have to see the game in motion. Those screens posted in that other thread don' t do it justice at all.

Nintendo where are you with a freaking amazing game now! I need something that will make me completely overlook that remote!!!
Rampage99

RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 10:54

ORIGINAL: mxpx182

Haven' t seen the trailers, but I do imagine they' re awsome. I just have a nasty gut feeling that the PS3 may be shunned a little this generation because of the price. If that' s the case, could look bad on games end eventually. I wish I could afford all, but that' s obviously going to be the system I don' t get I' ve decided. X-box 360 after the first price drop, and hopefully a revolution at launch. What' s interesting to me, is since they' re making MGS4 look so good on PS3, will they NOT release it for other systems, or will they simply retool the graphics entirely for the other systems.

MGS is exclusive for Sony from what I' ve heard now. They are planning on making a whole new franchise for the 360 though. No word on anything special for Nintendo though
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 11:44

Yeah, that' s right. I' m sold. Completely heads over heels sold. I just watched the MGS4 trailer and by God... I swear I have never been so impressed by next gen other than Gears of War(visually). MGS4 is now my third most wanted next-gen title.

It was Raiden wasn' t it? Seeing Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 4 just brought those old feelings back didn' t it? I know I was completely sold on the game when I first saw him in the E3 trailers
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 12:00
Ubi soft asked people what they thought about a grey haired sam,people hated it and said he looked like he should not be in combat,and did not fit in at all.
I couldn' t imagien how people could think that,but look at snake/big boss(probably snake ofc) he looks just to old,he doesnt look cool to control either.
He shouldn' t have been grey haired...
Rampage99

RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 13:38

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

It was Raiden wasn' t it? Seeing Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 4 just brought those old feelings back didn' t it? I know I was completely sold on the game when I first saw him in the E3 trailers

I' m talking about the new trailer that was shown at TGS with the old Snake in the middle of a wartorn city with a bunch of metal gears walking around with tanks. There was no Raiden in this trailer.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 13:44
I saw it too.
it was 8 min long :)
it was the trailer/video that we all seen pics of now.
Rampage99

RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 13:59
Yep, it was freaking incredible.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 16, 2005 14:20
I just hope they redo the PS3 controller, i might be inspired to go hunt Lizards and Roo' s with it. Ill go home and download the trailer, MGS is the only reason i really want a PS3, maybe one day when im rich ill by it, just preordered my Xbox today, and damn i want Gears of War, i hope we get a new trailer soon. Someone should punish Konami for making it ekslussive, maybe MS should have written a bigger check!
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 17, 2005 20:12
im really excited about the ps3 too.i cant wait for MGS4 and resident evil 5 to come out on it
Rampage99

RE: PS3, here I come... - Sep 17, 2005 21:36
I' ll get RE5 for the 360 so I only have to pay $50-60 instead of $70-80 for the PS3 version. I will only get the top exclusive titles for the PS3.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll